stollydriver

Live life to the full
Ride
2020 Rocket3 GT
Can anyone answer this - how is your rear tyre wearing and how many miles have you covered? I heard a rumour that they are wearing down really quick, is this a fact?

I was told - a fella ( not a heavyweight) who is doing his running in period - is after 300 miles already low on the centre profile.

Can anyone answer this - how is your rear tyre wearing and how many miles have you covered? I heard a rumour that they are wearing down really quick, is this a fact?

I squeezed out 7,300 miles out of the stock metzlers but they were total rubbish. Just mounted the cobra chromes a week ago and have about 150 miles on them. Only time will tell. Hopefully they will deliver 10k.

I realize motorcycle tires aren't cheap but I have never tried to see how maximum tire life I could achieve. This would involve me to train myself not to "get on it" and also "take it easy" in the curves. WHAT FUN WOULD THAT BE!!
However being serious these bikes bike go through tires faster since they make so much torque. Just babying it the torque has to go some where... tire to pavement. If you had a tire wear challenge with a guy that rides a Harley he would win every time.

I squeezed out 7,300 miles out of the stock metzlers but they were total rubbish. Just mounted the cobra chromes a week ago and have about 150 miles on them. Only time will tell. Hopefully they will deliver 10k.
When you say stock Metz, which ones 880's or 888's?

Back