I doubt a 55 profile would fit on the the 2.5L's, would foul the hugger and stock rear guard almost certainly
Yea, not much room to spare for a "taller" tyre.. Think i have seen Exedras in 50-profile though?

Last edited:
I doubt a 55 profile would fit on the the 2.5L's, would foul the hugger and stock rear guard almost certainly
Yeah you're probably right. Sorry... I forget about the new 2.5s are on here now... used to the older bikes. Guess I need to be more careful on what I say...lol

Yeah you're probably right. Sorry... I forget about the new 2.5s are on here now... used to the older bikes. Guess I need to be more careful on what I say...lol
The OP is in the 2.5L section.... just saying (although the moderators may move it anywhere at anytime willynilly of course!)

I didn't know Avon had a recall on the Chrome tire.. I'm not very impressed with Avon since I had a front tire that was out of round and had to replace it with a Metz on the fly. Now I run Michelin Commander on the front and Bridgestone on the rear. I have no complaints about the set up. It handles much better.
Ran a Bridgestone in the back and a Michelin Scorcher up front through two sets of tires. Run Michelin commanders on the Harley. Really good tires. I have been lucky with the chromes and really like the way they handle.

Yea, not much room to spare for a "taller" tyre.. Think i have seen Exedras in 50-profile though?

Not in a 240. The tyre was made specifically for the Suzuki Boulevarde C109 and is the only one made for that bike. There is 200/50 (and 200/60) though.

Interestingly, a lot of C109 owners go for the lower profile 240/50 Metz or Avon options to make that bike a little quicker off the line. The Rocket is the opposite with more than enough torque to cope with the higher profile 55 and is overall a better bike with the taller rear - in my opinion of course.

Back