MarkFehr

ASSUMM
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket
Having difficulty finding a ME880 240/50 R16..What are my best alternative tires. I made only 5,000 mi on this one. Is that an average on all brands?

We are talking about a bike with an immens amount of torque - so I would say: yes, this is normal.

Why not try the AVON Cobra Chrome?

Having difficulty finding a ME880 240/50 R16..What are my best alternative tires. I made only 5,000 mi on this one. Is that an average on all brands?
The Metzler is generally terrible and the most expensive. Mileage depends on how you ride, but 5,000 is pretty average. Best options are Avon Cobra Chrome or Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55 (my preferred rear tire).

The Metzler is generally terrible and the most expensive. Mileage depends on how you ride, but 5,000 is pretty average. Best options are Avon Cobra Chrome or Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55 (my preferred rear tire).

Thanks.. having difficulty locating the Avon..will search for the Bridgestone.
I am not savvy enough to know which variations on the tire size I can use.

Go to rockymountainatvmc.com, search for the "Bridgestone Exedra Max", select the 240/55R16 and you'll be set. Best price, fast shipping, great customer service. They'll likely carry the Avon Cobra Chrome if you want to compare.
Bridgestone Exedra Max Rear Motorcycle Tire

Last edited:
@1olbull maintains a chart somewhere on what makes, models, and sizes of tires are available and fit the front and rear

@1olbull maintains a chart somewhere on what makes, models, and sizes of tires are available and fit the front and rear

Possible Rocket Roadster Tires.jpg

@Dr.D and I and others get less than 4k miles. Some people somehow report 10,000 + It depends on how you ride and your road surface.

One more vote here for the Exedra Max. I put a Michellin Road 5 150/70R17 mounted backwards on the front (per @1olbull 's recommendation) and that tire is holding up well- it has exceptionally deep tread.
Best Tire Size for Handling

The combination will change the rake, which greatly improves handling.

Back