I suffer a lot with BOUNCING around and hurting lower back and stomach in NYC roads...
I really appreciate if you explained how to preload, compress and rebound my 2020 R3 GT.
I am 192LBS and I am planning a long trip (3k miles) in April and will need to re-tune the rear suspension...a must.

Thanks a lot,
Cheers
Luiz

My back started to be very sensitive to vibrations, chocks and same type of stuff, 40 years ago...
I had three Triumph motorbikes and none of them was enough comfortable for me (Sprint 1993, Rocket 2007 and Rocket 2020).
Each time I had to improve the seat and change the rear suspension.
As there is no alternative regarding rear suspension for the new Rocket 3, you have to try to adjust the suspension with the settings available.
However it will never be a real comfortable cruiser ...

If you are bouncing a lot is it because preload is too high or because you are always bottoming out because of no preload ?
1) According to your weight then you should screw around 10 clicks from 0 preload position. Start with this one and then adjust according to your filling.
2) With a screw driver fully unscrew the Compression and Rebond screw.

If you feel still uncomfortable, you have to add some thickness to your seat... and wear a belt for your spine as I did.

FWIW...i wound the preload right out and back two turns....adjusted the front suspension according to the manual.
I now have wound the preload back so its 4 full turns back from max...suits me fine....im around 250 lb with my boots, jacket, helmet etc.

check out our 1st youtube hope it helps
i have an very bad back and found once the shocks are set i only get the painful jarring on very large pot holes , but in general its a good ride
Thank you for the video. Finally made a real difference, I suspect particularly the preload. Surprised how many turns to fully clockwise position! Back out 10. So much better.

Back