Rear Skirt

HeR3tic

Living Legend
How many, other than myself, would appreciate a longer (2-4 inch) rear skirt. I'm not talking a ghetto butt dragger. What would be a best length. The width of the back tire is not that important, imo. Corbin or some other leather workers could make a side case for more than a change of underwear and an extra skid lid.

Last edited:
Grenade launcher, sidewinder missles, Oil Discharge nozzles, or marble flingers:eek:

"Be a flirt....Lift your skirt.......:D" No offense taken.

Last edited:
I'm a poet and didn't know it.....my feet are Longfellow's.:D

Actually, I have considered extending the front, lower fender with a black rubber mud flap, if you will, to keep the rain and junk under there and not ricocheting off my engine and nicking the black finish. One on the back, extending to the bottom of the license plate bracket would be acceptable too. I, for one, don't need to "show off the rear tire". After all, it's just a tire, albeit an expensive one. Bobbed fenders and side mounted plate holders are Harley and wannabe chopper things. This ain't a Harley and it anin't a wannabe chopper either, at least my Classic isn't. I purchased it with the intention of doing some comfortable medium distance riding on it, not profiling at the local pub.

However, to each his own. That's what makes the world go around besides our journey around the sun.

And now that you mention it, a front mud flap would be right for me as well. I do alot of commuting, when the weather is acceptable. Occasionally I miss forecasting where the showers will pop up; and, I'd rather that not be a hinderance to my riding to work on any day. There's little chance for my boots to stay completely dry, on rainy days, but I'd rather the spray and splash from the front tire and the water streaming off the lower fender edge not add to the soaking. One of the many reasons for my owning a Rocket is for commuting. Hence, MPG is an issue. Once again, I digress.

I wonder is CEO M. Kennedy browses this site;)

Last edited:
No way I'm going to cover up that sexy back tire! I am even considering the mod busajack made lifting the skirt a little more, or the R3 Streetfighter edition! Plus, with more rear fender, the burnout I do right before leaving my Harley buddies would be less effective.:D

I'm all for showing off :cool: not necessarily smokin' a fatty just to impress some Harley guys or some kid on a ****** rocket...

But to extend the license plate bracket down further ???:eek:

With that bracket and the two turn signals bolted onto it, it looks more like an afterthought than design. You might as well go buy some A/C duct and cobble some fendor extension out of it.

I'm jacking the LP bracket and the turn signals to "clean up" the rear end.

Now if the rear fender was extended and the license plate "frenched" in at least that would be designed... not just an afterthought.

Just my two cents...

Back