Rear Skirt

No way I'm going to cover up that sexy back tire! I am even considering the mod busajack made lifting the skirt a little more, or the R3 Streetfighter edition! Plus, with more rear fender, the burnout I do right before leaving my Harley buddies would be less effective.:D

Raymond, It is said that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but I have to ask what is sexy about a bunch of radial cords encased in a jacket of butyl rubber?.......I'm worried about you. You got cabin fever too??

You crack me up Flip. Ok, Ok, my adjectives may be the result of 'prolonged lack of motorcycle riding syndrome'. I am starting therapy tomorrow and the meds seem to be working. May I edit my text: "No way I am going to cover up that bad ass monster back tire! There you go, is that better? And are you down on that farm harvesting reefer? You have a hard time with tats but seem to have the pothead lingo down pat!!!:flame:

That's much better Raymond. Much more descriptive and assertive. Bring that bike by anytime. I'll let you use the plasma cutter to chop off that fender.....:D

Isn't the majority here flowerchildren from the 60's? I'm glad you didn't have to take a piss test back then. I'd have never been employable.:D

It isn't that I have a "hard time with tats", it is simply that a tattoo might look nice when you are young, but when you skin starts to age and wrinkle, that tat starts looking like an old weatherbeaten wallet. Is that descriptive enough?

Last edited:

With that bracket and the two turn signals bolted onto it, it looks more like an afterthought than design. You might as well go buy some A/C duct and cobble some fendor extension out of it.
Now if the rear fender was extended and the license plate "frenched" in at least that would be designed... not just an afterthought.

Just my two cents...

I agree on the idea of "afterthought" application. The bracket and signals setup isn't flattering at all.
I'm looking into leather mud flaps. Yosemite Sam might show up:D but it won't be a rubber truck mud flap. My better half is dabbling in leather working. Maybe we can originate matching front and back leather flaps.

I found this mud flap on line. I think it was 9 bucks and they even let you choose the piping color. Stuck it fast with some 2-sided(gunna need small fingers here) tape. I don't like layin on my back to clean the road tar of the engine & chrome, I am a clean freak, but would much rather ride. I'll probably catch some crap for the fringe, but it was a 2 dollar option, heck if I can go first class for two bucks, why not. besides a quick snip with the pocket knife and there gone. For now they stay at least till they wear down to ground level.

Attachments

• frflapper.jpg
    frflapper.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 59
flap

There is one on my front fender u can't even see.Made from old holster.It really works great keeping the motor clean.

The individual pieces, were they available individually, might draw my attention. The front fender REAR section would have promise with a leather or rubber skirt; though I'm not inclined to drill a hole in the finished "mud guard".

Did you know: only Women are capable of "multi-tasking". The human mind is not otherwise capable; that is a fact.

Back