Reach Out if it ever gets this bad ......

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
KitNYC, you'll be missed - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

One of my fellow Moderators over on the TriumphRat.net forum, KitNYC (Kit Halsted, Austin TX) passed earlier this week.
The especially sad news is that he apparently took his own life - 48 years young.
I know he had been having continuous financial struggles and only last week he posted on the forum of having been really sick (Somewhat jokingly - I think - said had the plague and to alert if there was noxious smell from his apartment in coming week) and I also found in search he had posted a go-fund me page asking for assistance for medication - only found that in search, he did not ask in the forum.
But I don't have any understanding of the actual motivation behind the final decision, whether illness or finances, combination or something different altogether ultimately drove it.
Regardless, quite shocking news.
RIP

My reason for this post HERE (he is probably unknown to most of you here other than a few who are also members of the other forum) is to say -
PLEASE don't ever let it get so bad that you can't reach out to this incredible community - the camaraderie here on R3Owners is incredible and I'm confident you would get amazing support.
Don't suffer alone.

Sad news indeed and something that is becoming more common place than we would like. Being in the Army for more than 30 years now and something that was previously vary scarce within our military community is now something that is occurring all too regular. Good call Decosse, the key is to ask for help and look out for your mates

One of my fellow Moderators over on the TriumphRat.net forum, KitNYC (Kit Halsted, Austin TX) passed earlier this week.
The especially sad news is that he apparently took his own life - 48 years young.
I know he had been having continuous financial struggles and only last week he posted on the forum of having been really sick (Somewhat jokingly - I think - said had the plague and to alert if there was noxious smell from his apartment in coming week) and I also found in search he had posted a go-fund me page asking for assistance for medication - only found that in search, he did not ask in the forum.
But I don't have any understanding of the actual motivation behind the final decision, whether illness or finances, combination or something different altogether ultimately drove it.
RIP

My reason for this post HERE (he is probably unknown to most of you here other than a few who are also members of the other forum) is to say -
PLEASE don't ever let it get so bad that you can't reach out to this incredible community - the camaraderie here on R3Owners is incredible and I'm confident you would get amazing support.
Don't suffer alone.

Fine words, well stated, Ken! :thumbsup:

RIP

Don't suffer alone.
Very sad indeed.

DEcosse, thanks for posting and for honoring a man with whom many here can relate, more closely than anyone likes to admit.

We all know someone broken by sickness, relationships or finances, please reach out to them, just so they know someone else sees where they are and is still willing to say, hello.

Don’t wait. Don’t regret.
It’s a motto for most things in life.

SOML (So others may live). That is the motto of Navy Rescue Swimmers and several other rescue groups in the military. I echo Ken's sentiment, people can help and are willing to help. But if we do not know where the person is who needs help, we can' get there in time.
We all need a life line at times, reach out for it brothers and sisters...

Last edited:
Back