Re-setting Quick Shifter - Tip

So I purchased my 2021 Rocket 3 GT used last month and have since logged over 2K on it already, and that's saying something because I'm close to Phoenix, and its summertime! Anyhow, the previous owner had purchased a number of aftermarket items such as the luggage, and mirrors, and I just found out yesterday about the Triumph QuickShifter. I found out because the assembly became undone yesterday about 1/2 way into my 400-mile trip yesterday. In reviewing the installation instructions, it turns out that the dealership installed the Quickshifter assembly for the R, and not the GT, which apparently is different. I was planning on actually buying the quick-shifter assembly installed from the dealership, but I'm unsure if it ever worked, but it sure didn't work for me. After re-installing the whole assembly correctly, and following your instructions the **** thing is working beautifully! If you review the directions the GT install is actually reversed from the R in the way that the shifter module is placed. Anyhow it's working now, and only took an hour of my time this morning. Thanks again for those instructions. Correctly installed below:
IMG_3354.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3353.jpeg
    IMG_3353.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 35
Has anyone had any issues with a quick shifter after having their bike tuned? Went to order a quick shifter for my GT yesterday and the dealer asked if I'd had the bike tuned to suit the new exhaust as they had seen a quick shifter not working on a bike that was tuned and had to revert back to the original tune to get it to work. Could this be something that just needs the above procedure done on it perhaps?

Has anyone had any issues with a quick shifter after having their bike tuned? Went to order a quick shifter for my GT yesterday and the dealer asked if I'd had the bike tuned to suit the new exhaust as they had seen a quick shifter not working on a bike that was tuned and had to revert back to the original tune to get it to work. Could this be something that just needs the above procedure done on it perhaps?
I might be having this exact issue, have had a tune on the bike for a month or so and getting the shifter installed today and was having issues.

Did you have any luck sorting out the tune and shifter? I've spoken to a couple of tuners here in Perth who can't give me a definite answer
I might be having this exact issue, have had a tune on the bike for a month or so and getting the shifter installed today and was having issues.

Back