Re-setting Quick Shifter - Tip

Gateway77

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3GT, GSA 1250
Hi
After disconnecting the battery to fit some Optimizer cables - I noticed that the quick shifter was no longer working.

After talking to the local tech guys they gave me the following instructions
1. Turn on Bike
2. Go to Home Menu > Bike Setting
3. Enable TSA
4. Turn off bike.
5. Turn on bike - go for a ride but DO NOT use quick shift.
6. You must go through each gear for 10 secs to allow the system to relearn the gears.
Following this procedure - everything worked perfectly.

If this tip has already been added somewhere else, apologies for repeating.
For me I think the quick shift on this bike is superb - highly recommended.

NB: I have a Triple Black GT - but my gear select pedal isn't black - just standard alloy colour.
I have a black pedal but it just came with the paperwork as a separate item.
The dealer told me that the black pedal won't work with the quick shifter and I should leave the standard item on (not try to replace).
Can anyone else confirm thats correct - seems strange as I'm sure it's the same part just black or alloy?

NB: I have a Triple Black GT - but my gear select pedal isn't black - just standard alloy colour.
The dealer told me that the black pedal won't work with the quick shifter and I should leave the standard item on (not try to replace).
Can anyone else confirm thats correct - seems strange as I'm sure it's the same part just black or alloy?
It sounds like your black pedal was the stock pedal and they used a silver replacement for the quick shifter instead of black. The quick shifter requires a new pedal specifically designed for it. They do make a black pedal for the quick shifter (PART NUMBER A9770231).

Ah ha! When I installed my battery minder cable and the like, I used an alligator clipped wire to keep the connection so as not to possibly reset anything. And I thought I was being paranoid....Thanks so much for the info and these forums.

Hi
After disconnecting the battery to fit some Optimizer cables - I noticed that the quick shifter was no longer working.

1. Turn on Bike
3. Enable TSA
4. Turn off bike.
6. You must go through each gear for 10 secs to allow the system to relearn the gears.

Hi
I have the 2021 rocket phantom black, i disconnected the battery and my quick shifter is not working, thanks for sharing this tip, I’ll try tomorrow to do the step by step and see if it works for me.
I don’t have to use all 6 gears at once right?
It’s kind of hard living in the city, lots of traffic lights, till I get to an open road to get to the 6 Th gear. Or it has to be back to back?
Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Hi

1. Turn on Bike
3. Enable TSA
4. Turn off bike.

Hi
I disconnected the battery and quick shifter not working, I’ll try your way , do I have to use all gears back to back?
Kind of hard to do, living in the city, too many lights, till I get to an open road to. Use the 5 and 6 Th gear. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Hi
I disconnected the battery and quick shifter not working, I’ll try your way , do I have to use all gears back to back?
Kind of hard to do, living in the city, too many lights, till I get to an open road to. Use the 5 and 6 Th gear. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks
I changed gear manually until I found a clear stretch of road where could go through the whole process - as instructed by my Triumph dealers. Doing this re-instated the quick shift first time round, although others have suggested this isn't really necessary.

I changed gear manually until I found a clear stretch of road where could go through the whole process - as instructed by my Triumph dealers. Doing this re-instated the quick shift first time round, although others have suggested this isn't really necessary.
Thanks so much . I’ll try it.

Hi

1. Turn on Bike
3. Enable TSA
4. Turn off bike.

Thanks. I’ll try it.

Back