Jamie

Living Legend
Tomo suggested that I should report what follows to you:

RCE stands for "Rocket Club de l'Est" ("Est" as in "East"), a regional Rocket III owners club, which I am piecing together with a French partner. "Est" is meant to cover Eastern France and francophone or bilingual Switzerland. We started this out of the blue, only a month ago. Since then, we have been hosted with our own RCE logo as a distinct chapter/forum within an existing French Rocket III site, we have --somewhat painstakingly--caused 10 to 15 riders to formally apply for RCE membership, we have contacted all regional Triumph dealers with a one-page e: flyer and f/u phone calls, we have produced RCE tee-shirts (BRG, of course;) ) and stickers, we have learnt a few do's and many dont's in terms of relationships, we've made plans as if the current European Summer were an endless one ... ... ...and we are finalizing the first ever RCE meeting this coming Saturday, close to the Bourgogne vineyards ;) , with 14 confirmed participants .

Via PM, I have kept Tomo informed of the RCE genesis. And I am hereby appointing him First and Foremost RCE Honorary Member:bch:

Jamie [RCE Founder Apprentice] :cool:

Last edited:
Facinating stuff, I lived in Switzerland for three years and drove my Duccatti all over the vineyards in France. Sounds like you guys are having some Rocket fun. Post some pictures of your RCE meeting, assuming you will be riding there. Can I purchase one of your RCE tee-shirts? :cool:

Thanks Jamie!! Maybe if I can hook up some pontoons on my Rocket I might be able to paddle over next summer for a ride!!

Be sure and get some pics this weekend if you can... just remember that we will be having fun over here also... we may not be official but we are hungry... MMMMMM BBQ..

Nice to see that your organizational skills will not go to waste Jamie.I know you can have a lot of fun scaring the country side with your members.Would like to see your Logo.And do you offer oversees memberships?

Baggage1 said:
.Would like to see your Logo.And do you offer oversees memberships?

I already sent Tomo a copy of the logo. I hate to "delegate" but it would be jolly good of him if he could post it down here (sorry, but I don't seem to be able to do that all by myself:eek: )

Overseas membership? : Am honored, Sir :) . The honest question is what's in it FOR YOU? A tee-shirt, plastic stickers (maybe call cards and sew-on badges, as --or rather IF -- membership grows) aside, all I could offer you are rides and other events you could not possibly attend, pics on which you would not show and a monthly newsletter written in french. Now, if that honesty does NOT turn you off ;) , PM your full ID and postal address and I'll be enchanted to register you (Membership is FREE, the shirt -which is NOT mandatory -- is USD 25, air mail postage paid to the US .... and I'd throw in a couple of RCE stickers). Please let me know.

Only wish my fellow Swiss Rocket III riders were as supportive as you guys...

Jamie

Oh Oh.... I may have lost your logo... or more likely my email software messed with it... let me do some hunting and I'll get back to ya :eek::confused:

Back