RARE COLORIZED PHOTOS AMAZING!

I think the Boer War (1899-1902) was the last time Australian soldiers fought under a foreign flag, and even then we also had own own battalions under the Australian flag. It was just the timing more than anything else - Australian Federation commencing in 1901 - that caused many Aussie (and other colonial) soldiers to be included in British battalions.
I need to read up on that one since I am a born and raised Boer... My grandma used to tell us stories about that war...

I attend the ANZAC Day dawn service at the Vietnam Veterans club ....... wonder what will happen this year with the Government anti association stupid law!!

UMCQ's (sorry) High court challenge kicked off today. Contesting the 'ride in three'... '10 and 20 years extra jail time for office bearers'.. 'the 23hr a day solitary confinement' and 'pink jumpsuits' .. using a cleanskin Hells Angel , pushing him through the door. Hopefully by Anzac day the more oppressive of these laws will have been thrown out.

Last edited:
60,000 Aussies served in Vietnam 521 Died in the conflict and many more from combat related injuries and chemical exposure many years after ,many young men came back permanently harmed both physically and mentally , Every year on the 18th August Vietnam Veterans are remembered on what used to be called Long Tan Day but has been changed to encompass all the Vietnam War to Vietnam Veterans Day that long with Anzac Day on the 25th April are Sacred days for all fair Dinkum Aussies everywhere,

Back