Hi

Fitted the Ramair six months ago. Great stuff! But don't ride the Rocket with your shorts on!!!!

Seriously after 2 months the induction roared louder...... because the rubber unions had perished and she was sucking unfiltered air. Sent back to Ramair who replaced without question. Obviously seen it before. Fitted the modified version and it looked much more fit for purpose. 3000 miles later, noted during a service ..... rubber unions shot again.

Great induction roar...... but check they have'nt self destructed between services.

I'm waiting on my RamAir to make it over the Atlantic - I have a brand new ('16) R3R - I don't need to damage the motor - Is the 12 minute tune enough, or will it be too lean (and hot) ? I have no clue how to do a TuneECU - and don't even own a non-apple computer to run it....

When fitting the Ramair , do not over tighten the hose clips . This seems to be a common reason why the rubbers fail . Better still , use zip ties instead , then you will be in no danger of over tightening ! :thumbsup:

I'm waiting on my RamAir to make it over the Atlantic - I have a brand new ('16) R3R - I don't need to damage the motor - Is the 12 minute tune enough, or will it be too lean (and hot) ? I have no clue how to do a TuneECU - and don't even own a non-apple computer to run it....

Yes, you have to re-tune it so it won't run too lean. Running too lean will damage your engine - I wouldn't install it without being able to re-tune it. Are you running stock exhaust with catalyst? If so, you need to upgrade to aftermarket exhaust before putting on the Ramair, it can't suck in if it can't blow out. Set your Ramair away until you are ready to do all of the proper procedures.

Yes, you have to re-tune it so it won't run too lean. Running too lean will damage your engine - I wouldn't install it without being able to re-tune it. Are you running stock exhaust with catalyst? If so, you need to upgrade to aftermarket exhaust before putting on the Ramair, it can't suck in if it can't blow out. Set your Ramair away until you are ready to do all of the proper procedures.
Thanks -

Maybe I'm a little ignorant, but where the heck can you find a TORS exhaust to buy??? Or is there an equally efficient different brand?

Dealer or PureTriumph.com. Just at $500. Check with your dealer, I got mine under list from the dealer I bought the R3T from. I always like to buy from the dealer if price is as good or better then online store, keeps them on my side and in business.

Re the rubber collars breaking, I think it was mainly with the Mk1 and less so with the Mk2. Now they're on Mk3 which seem to have addresed this, either way they support their product warranty wise.

I have TORS on mine and the TORS tune. Also did the 12 minute tune been out a couple of times and seems fine. However I have since got a purpose made tune from member Hanso but due to lots of frosts and rain lately I haven't had chance to try it out.

Back