mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Washed my bike 3 weeks ago, put it up, today i took it out of the garage to put the new front brakes on and when i moved it i saw what i thought it was water coming out of the front, i thought it was starange since i washed it 3 weeks ago and any water on the bike should be dry by now but didn't give much tought, an hour later i was ready to go for a test ride and saw that the puddle of water was still there, no evaporation signs, i got kinda worried but went for a ride, i started smelling antifreeze but could not see it, got back home and started investigating, almost in the middle of the radiator at the bottom a discovered a fresh wet stain of antifreeze but was not coming from the top or any of the hoses , i pulled the radiator out and will do a pressure check tomorrow after work but i have the bad feeling that i need a new radiator, does anybody have any better solutions???
I will post on the for sale thread looking for a radiator:(

JB Weld will fix small leaks. Mix some up and jam it in around the hole. Leave it a few hours to fully cure - not 3 weeks. The truth is your bike was pissed because you hadn't ridden it.

Don't think that repairs are possible, the tanks are very thin aluminium..... I imagine it is the tank or tank seam that is leaking???

I had a small crack in a top seam years ago when someone in a ferry tied the bike down with a strap resting on the radiator. I bought a two-pack epoxy stuff .... two parts of a putty-like stuff that you knead together to activate... and "bogged it up." The repair lasted for years.

Worth a try??

When my mechanIc removed my radiator to get to the detent spring they some how caused the radiator to leak .they had it fixed at the local radiator shop .not sure where it was leaking ,but it is fine now

Thanks guys, i will call the repair shop tomorrow or i will find the leak and epoxy it, we use a very strong type of epoxy to install sewer taps, that will do the trick i'm sure, just need to pinpoint the leak

One thing to make sure about is that the epoxy can handle the temperatures in the radiator.

Back