Another option is to divide it into a split event, 3 days on your side, a day of travel and 3 days on this side + 1 back to the wet side. That way people could decide when to join up. Kind of an oddball option but it may work. There are just so many good roads in WA it is hard to hit even the best ones in a short period.

bob

I have the time, no issues there. But, this would stop me from hitting up any other gatherings in 2018 as well.
I want to hit up Nels for a tune, so that is at least 1 day. Getting ready to email @Paul Bryant to order a header so it is here in time for the trip.

I set the Nels visit for during the day three ride.
Would be fun for all to visit there even if some wish no dyno.
I think his initial dynos run about $300, but I'm pretty sure I can get us a gang discount.
Once we firm up the dates, routes and how many want tunes, I'll start negotiating with Nels.
How many opportunities will you have to ride the NW?
IMHO you'll find it worthwhile your time.

RAA WEST 7-16-18
First day ride on Monday the 16th.
Arrive sometime Sunday, the 15th.

Let us know who for now plan on comming?

I'll be over here, meet you in Davenport or somewhere and lead you to the house. Will have smoked brisket, maybe a pork butt. Hotels in Airway Heights would be best if you don't want to flop on the floor at my house. I have 2 double size cots with air mattresses, another air bed and a futon for use. Plus a recliner or two. Another hotel option close by is the Welcome to Spokane's Super 8 Airport West Motel, A lovely place to stay when you're in Spokane Washington about 6 or 7 miles away. Close to a truck stop, Starbucks and McDonalds.

bob

I'll be over here, meet you in Davenport or somewhere and lead you to the house. Will have smoked brisket, maybe a pork butt. Hotels in Airway Heights would be best if you don't want to flop on the floor at my house. I have 2 double size cots with air mattresses, another air bed and a futon for use. Plus a recliner or two. Another hotel option close by is the Welcome to Spokane's Super 8 Airport West Motel, A lovely place to stay when you're in Spokane Washington about 6 or 7 miles away. Close to a truck stop, Starbucks and McDonalds.
bob

Close to that cool airport cafe you took us to, I hope?

Another option is to divide it into a split event, 3 days on your side, a day of travel and 3 days on this side + 1 back to the wet side. That way people could decide when to join up. Kind of an oddball option but it may work. There are just so many good roads in WA it is hard to hit even the best ones in a short period.

bob
If I get to attend, it would only be the east side portion due to work.

I am in for at least days 1-3. As we get closer and rides are finalized I'll consider more days

*Edit* Oh, and of course, I will definitely take a spot for tuning @ Nels

Last edited:
Back