Sorry to hear it Ted. I too had a mishap that dented my front fender. My first step toward a fix was to put bandaides on the wounded spots. I then started looking for a matching used fender with no luck and so bought new on-line. I figured it would be easy to r&r it myself & so for starters, I bought a flipmeister jack stand. Having a Touring I had to drill to enlarge the mount holes & broke a bunch of drill bits in the process. In loosening the pinch bolts, one loosened, the other broke. I drilled & inserted an ez-out & broke the ez-out :O So ... since the pinch bolt screw hole goes all the way through the fork, I drilled from the back and tried soaking with pb blaster & ez outing from the back. But it just wasn't happening. So I slipped a hack saw blade into the fork split, cut it in half & removed the broken ez-out portion of the bolt from the front with a magnet. I had to purchase a 36" breaker bar to use with the flipmeister stand since I couldnt get the bike lifted with the 18" bar I already owned and it worked great. So I received the new fender, removed the calipers, wheel & old fender. Installed the new one & finished up except that i had only one pinch bolt. The other was hollowed out threads that I still couldnt get out.

So now, what to do with the old fender. In a moment of brilliance I decided my wifes landscaping could use an upgrade.

20180301_160530.jpg
and embellished it with a used tire. Of course she loved it! NOT! (Maybe if i would have hung some beer cans ... next time :)

I took it to Triumph to get the broken bolt out and they couldnt either. They ended up dilling it and putting in a threade insert to the back. Ita not noticable so alls well now.

In any case .. good luck with your finding & changing out ur fender. Hopefully all will go smooth and easy for yah! :)

Had a little hap. Looking for a used front fender black. Anyone have one for sale in Canada or US.
Price:
US $119.95
Shipping and handling US $16.63
Import charges (estimated) $20.48
To Canada
Service
Delivery*

International Priority Shipping

So just buy, paint and fit easy peasy or trim the front and use as is. Weird link address below but eBay item number: 200833324135

131-166

Last edited:
So now, what to do with the old fender. In a moment of brilliance I decided my wifes landscaping could use an upgrade.

20180301_160530.jpg
and embellished it with a used tire. Of course she loved it! NOT! (Maybe if i would have hung some beer cans ... next time :)

:)

I love that. Way back when I ended up with a dented Suzuki GS1150E gas tank (only 1 side) so I cut the top off of it and made a planter out of it. It was a work of art, my wife even said so, or she said something. ;)

bob

Does anyone do metal work anymore?..that fender is eminently fixable. Repainting and striping a no brainer either....Colorite has every Triumph color!

Does anyone do metal work anymore?..that fender is eminently fixable. Repainting and striping a no brainer either....Colorite has every Triumph color!
Yep they but in most cases it cheaper to replace than repair unless you do it yourself.

Throw away society

Back