R3 Touring dyno-tuning results

theBarzeen

.060 Over
so you're telling me to stick with my r3 standard with bags and a windshield instead of the r3T that MCC has on its showroom floor?

Choice made, thanks for the help.

barzeen said:
so you're telling me to stick with my r3 standard with bags and a windshield instead of the r3T that MCC has on its showroom floor?

That's great that you got a hefty boost from the R3T. I'm with Barzeen however ... I just put bags, floorboards, and a windscreen on my standard R3 and get to have the best of both worlds.

Why the hell did Triumph tune down the touring model? I just cannot wrap my head around that.

Geek_Law said:
Why the hell did Triumph tune down the touring model? I just cannot wrap my head around that.
Simple, look no further than the tire recall.. Torque related tread seperation failure on the narrow tires these things come with (they made the tire narrow to fit proper bags without giving her that "broad hip" look.. )
I've bumped my performance up substantially and love the raw torque on this bike..

With the new tires, can you simply add a new tune w/o changing anything else? I'd like a bit more out of 1st and 2nd? I have read lots of you guys discussing this, but I don't really know how it works.

Standard wisdom has that anything with a "Touring" marketing moniker is going to interest riders who prefer to chug around at lower rpms. I think this is the big reason Triumph sacrificed top end Hp for lower end torque. It is a sensible approach, however, in the interest of parts commonality I would have thought that they would have stuck with the standard induction system. Now they have to manufacture and support 2 separate induction systems which adds costs to the corporate line. It doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is. A secondary consideration may have been to fuel mileage since they reduced the size of the tank slightly while adding weight to the overall package. my 2c

Geek_Law said:
barzeen said:

That's great that you got a hefty boost from the R3T. I'm with Barzeen however ... I just put bags, floorboards, and a windscreen on my standard R3 and get to have the best of both worlds.

after my 3000+ mile 9 day ride.... I just dropped the $400 to get the floorboard kit...... good call, my size 14's won't fit all the way on the pegs so I'm constantly fighting to keep my feet from sliding off of the pegs

Back