R.A.T. Raid, Kerrville Texas

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Just got back from the Hill Country R.A.T. Raid and had a blast. There are some terrific roads down in the Hill country. Spent most of the day riding around with four other Captains and their misses. In all I think there were about 7 Rlll's there. At around 2 p.m. we wound up in Tarpley, which does not even come close to being a hole in the wall. Not sure why Triumph picked that spot to show off the new Rlll. One thing I will say about the new Rocket is that it sounds good and the seat feels more padded. I had to wonder while stairing at it " If this had been what the Rocket had looked like from the begining and not having the bias of what mine looks like, would I still have bought one". I think the answer is yes. It sounds good, looks okay (I think it grows on you) and will still probably kick some Harley butt. I've posted some pics of the new Rocket. And oh yes, I got in 550 miles, and the weather was great, all except the fog this morning in deer country central:eek:.

I'm jealous.. Sounds like you had a great time! and that is a great area to ride. Tarpley? Isn't that close to the Middle of No Where?.. :)

I spent Saturday putting the wife's bike together and working around the house and then had to go to the zoo on Sunday. I rode to work this morning though, and you're right, it sure was foggy!

Sounds most awesome! Would you recall whether the fat 240 would fit under the swing arm. I'm of the understanding that the HP was seriously cut. Perhaps a TuneBoy would restore the output as we all are aware of.

Sounds most awesome! Would you recall whether the fat 240 would fit under the swing arm. I'm of the understanding that the HP was seriously cut. Perhaps a TuneBoy would restore the output as we all are aware of.
Not sure about any of that, but they did tell me that the new version has more torque and also that it's about 80 lbs. heavier.

Back