Question on what are you using to clean the **** rims!

I've had my rear wheel polished (yet to do the front one)
I rub it over with Auto Sol every couple of months or so, but it's only a five minute job and comes up real nice.

20191207_150416.jpg

When I had my tires and wheels off I reconditioned mine completely. I had marks that required going all the way down to 200 grit paper. Then up 400,600,800,1200 followed by a Turtle Wax brand polishing compound on a drill driven wheel then White Diamond polishing paste. I now regularly clean and seal with The Last Coat.
FF7DBD3A-8280-4018-AA29-F66CC0760429.jpeg

Funny how the world changes and you don't notice right away, everything is plastic now, most cars and bikes. Went in a large auto store, NAPA, I think, they didn't even sell chrome polish, I couldn't believe it, but when I thought about it, I was showing my age.
I dont know how napa stays in business. Short hours. Few locations. And they never have anything im looking for. Auto paint supplies are the only thing theyre good at. Rant complete. And my rims are real hard to clean on the bike.

mothers has been pretty good; but those of you who have the older rockets what are you using? is there anything easy to clean and protect the factory rims?
I have used white Diamond polish. Found it at Americade , can be purchesed at Advance Auto. Dont have to worh too hard at it.

I dont know how napa stays in business. Short hours. Few locations. And they never have anything im looking for. Auto paint supplies are the only thing theyre good at. Rant complete. And my rims are real hard to clean on the bike.
If you polish them and then use a sealant or nano coating they will wipe clean for months.

If you polish them and then use a sealant or nano coating they will wipe clean for months.
That's one of the first things I did to my Rocket. Now I just wipe it down after riding. It saves my back. It's no fun spending an hour cleaning and then trying to stand up after contorting for that time. I usually end up on my back looking up like a turtle. 🐢

mothers has been pretty good; but those of you who have the older rockets what are you using? is there anything easy to clean and protect the factory rims?
When I had both wheels off for new tires I cleaned and polished with mothers then coated with Sharkhide. Worked well for me, no oxidation.

Back