Question on what are you using to clean the **** rims!

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
mothers has been pretty good; but those of you who have the older rockets what are you using? is there anything easy to clean and protect the factory rims?

I used to polish the aluminum rims a couple of times a year using a drill, buffing wheels and polishing compounds. The aluminum would tarnish and need some strong abrasive persuasion. Once I powder coated the wheels, it was much easier to keep them clean with regular paint polish/wax cleaners on a monthly basis. On a daily basis I usually wipe the rear rim with a damp micro fiber cloth after every long ride to get rid of brake dust etc. Only takes a minute and keeps the rims looking great.

mothers has been pretty good; but those of you who have the older rockets what are you using? is there anything easy to clean and protect the factory rims?
Mothers mag & aluminum used on polishing wheel driven by a flexible shaft is the best I've found.

I wish you would have told me that before I went out and emptied Auto Zones auto/cleaner isle.🤑🤑

Funny how the world changes and you don't notice right away, everything is plastic now, most cars and bikes. Went in a large auto store, NAPA, I think, they didn't even sell chrome polish, I couldn't believe it, but when I thought about it, I was showing my age.

Back