Question for Pig9r or Warp9.9

I am thinking the tune that I am currently using from Wayne (20258) is not the same as your tune (20235TuneModSEC100) whereas I had to open up the secondaries myself. They were not at 100%. 20258 could be a stock Triumph tune. I will check tomorrow with my dealer. I just may give your tune a try.

As it turns out, I was correct. 20258 is a stock tune from Triumph for the R3T with aftermarket pipes. That is the tune the Dealer will download when TORS are installed. Had I looked in my log I would have saved myself a trip to the dealer whereas, I already had this info written down. My age must be catching up to me! :D

Oh well, it is always good to visit the dealer and check out any new iron that may have come in. Good news is that they seem to be selling bikes like crazy (mostly Triumphs).

Harry, I am going to download your tune (20235TuneModSEC100) and see what happens! I will get back to you with results.

You should be pretty happy with that tune. Wayne started with the TORS tune when he developed that one. Look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Great! I am hoping to download this pm. Question for you... Just so I have a good record, how exactly was your bike set up when you & Wayne created that tune?

TORS installed of course

Type of air filter?

02 in .., out...?

any other mods?

etc.

D&D's and a K&N drop in filter. The TORS should perform almost exactly the same as the D&D's as both are just a bit freer flowing with the cats removed. Other than that, no mods.

Let me know when you're ready to go to Jardines and Triple filters, I've got a great tune for that setup.

Hi Harry!

OK..., so you did not disconnect the 02 sensor at that time.

I may leave mine disconnected and will remove the tick in tuneboy. SHould not be an issue.

I did notice the "F" tables appear to be richer then the stock tune I am currently running. I am thinking there will be a definite difference. :D

Your comment about moving to the next level (trip K&N's, Jardines, etc) reminded me of a thought I recently had.

This is my second Rocket. My first was a standard which I just road the wheels off. Rear tire scrubbed to the edge and no peg feelers.

I have not ridden this bike that hard (the extra weight can really be felt) and I figured that I would just find a mild tune and be happy. Needless to say, that is not going to happen. I was just thinking the other day that I could no longer curb my "need for speed". LOL

I will enjoy your tune for a bit then move up another notch. I will get back to you with the results!

Bob

Hey harry,

Well I loaded the tune. I must admit, that was an exercise. The first down load attempt failed. :eek: I then went through the recovery process and about an hour later, got the tune down loaded. What a pita! :mad:

I didn't have a lot of timne to test the result but I was able to get out and give it a few mile ride. The first thing I noticed is the there is no hesitation in throttle response. On occasion, the previous tune would have a slight hesitation when giving the throttle a quick twist.

I took it for a short blast on the local highway and was quite pleased with how quickly it got to 90 mph. It has good midrange pull. Still hard to say how it compares to the other tune. First impression using my "seat of the pants" dyno is that it is better. Certainly smoother. I will get some more time with it this weekend and get a better idea. I do need to get it to a dyno. More to come! :D

Bob

Hey Bob,

Well, all's well that ends well. I've had a couple of those failed downloads, they do make your heart skip a beat don't they.

Luckily I tested several tunes for Tuneboy Wayne that for whatever reason he expected to fail. His instructions were to follow the recovery process and go on to the next one. The first time one failed though I had visions of a dead ECU. In the end, it worked out fine.

Glad you like the results so far. As you consider moving on to the Jardines and triple filters I'll offer one caveat that you probably already know. Be prepared for your mileage to take a real hit. With the tune you're running now you most likely won't lose much if any. But, when I went to the tune I'm running now (thanks to Wayne Tripp) my mileage dropped to the low 30's.

Not complaining by any stretch, but as they say, there's no free lunch.

Yes, I had considered the mileage change. Interestingly enough, my mileage with the other tune (Stock 20258 with secondaries at 100%) was not all that great. I never got above 35 mpg. This was before I eliminated the 02 sensor as well. That being said, I do ride at (an indicated) 80 - 90 on the local highways all of the time and am not afraid to twist the throttle on secondary roads. It is a bit of a rush to be at 80mph and grasb a handful and have your bike "leap" forward. ;) Perhaps if I rode a bit slower I would get better mileage. :D

It will be interesting to see what the mileage is with this new tune. You have arrived at some very impressive numbers in your current state of tune. I bet your bike goes like a rocket! (excuse the pun) :D

It is a miserable day here today. Cold and rain. No riding today! :( Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I will give a report when I get some more seat time.

Is Wayne Tripp aka Power Tripp? I have been reading his posts. He certainly has a good understanding of the FI world.

Back