Question for PC3 USB Users

Connect your computer to the PC3 with the USB cable. Start the PC3 program, and click "get map" from bike. You should see your custom fuel trim displayed in the PC3 chart format. If custom map shows in PC3, save it to your computer.

If you cannot connect to your PC3 or there is no fuel map in PC3, you have found your problem.

If bike was tuned with stock O2 sensor connected, leave it connected. If bike was tuned without O2 sensor, I highly recommend using the DynoJet O2 sensor eliminator.

I got the PC3 pulled out last night and it's still running like dog ****e so I don't believe that the PC3 is causing the problem .

Pigr, I'll drop the tune that you've suggested tonight and see if it helps. I suspect that it won't because I think that something else is the problem.

I hooked up the computer and the ECU isn't throwing any codes.

More later.

I did and reset and the tps came right back to 6.00.

I have to continually give it gas to get it started. Then once I get it started (no engine light) and I hold the throttle steady, it surges in rpm (blowing black smoke lightly) and it won't idle at all. It just cuts out.

I'm going to check the plugs when I get home tonight to see if they are fouled.

I'm going to check the gas cap and see if it creating a vaccuum maybe the tank vent is being pinched.

I have a phone call into the service tech to see what he thinks. I may have to just take it back to them and get them to wrench on it. It wasn't running like this before they got it, so I'm thinking that it has to be something that they did during the upgrade kit installation.

I'm not a tech so I'm floundering at the moment. I'm just trying to eliminate variables in the hope that I can get down to what's causing the issue.

I heard back from the Svctech and he wants me to bring it in and he'll take care of it.

He thinks that the throttle potentiometer is not adjusted properly.

I surely hope that he's right and it doesn't cost me anything. It shouldn't. His tech should have disconnected the PC3 and made sure that it was running right before he gave it back to me instead of guessing that the PC3 was casuing the problem.

Hopefully he'll make it right.

Just thought that I'd finish my tale....

I got the bike back after it's second visit, and it's running well. I haven't put the PCIII back in as yet so it's popping and farting like an ole timer.

I have some tune adjusting to do, but she pulls like a MACK truck.

All in all, I'm pleased with the experience. The Service Manager, John, was awesome about the whole thing.

What happened is that they didn't disconnect the PCIII and test their work. In addition, their diag-tool decided to take a dump at the same time. If their diag-tool had worked they would have realized that there wasn't any vaccuum and so the bike was running super rich and fouled the plugs. Once John figured out the problem, replaced the plugs at no charge either, she ran like a champ.

Back