For Sale progressive 440,s

I know everyone wants the 444 but these 440 are nice. I scavenged a Valkyrie that had been upgraded to replace the stock. Big improvement. Im 220 and ride mine at minimum preload. Lots of swingarm travel and no bucking/bouncing off the bike.

3828.jpeg
Rick do you know the part number for the 440s?

Correct Rocket part numbers and details are here.

spotted progressive 440s for sale.

PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS-BLACK

You lucky bastard! ;):cool:
I found the eBay UK link hours ago too, but they would only accept UK buyers and I sent an email to my cousin to see if she could send them on but haven't heard back from her.:(
Last time I had her act as my eBay UK address I picked up a Decosses keyless ignition for less than half price and your win was about one third original price back in the mid noughties.:thumbsup:
I had even thought about contacting you to be my proxie :sneaky::D But They would have just been spares for me as I have my 444's - so enjoy!

I checked out the part number and they are the HD spring version for 250lb rider + pillion and are the 13" length NOT 13.5" so should be spot on.

Here is the catalogue listing confirming Rocket 3 fitment

Here is some interesting info from a Valkyrie forum which also uses that model.

Progressive Shocks

Here is the deal on Progressive 440s:

For standard and tourer: Standard Rate is the 440-4213 (C for chrome/ B for black)
Heavy Duty is the 440-4221 (C or B)

For Interstate: there is only one shock recommended and it is the same shock called heavy duty for standard and tourer, 440-4221, BUT IT IS NOT IDENTIFIED AS A HEAVY DUTY SHOCK, IT IS CALLED STANDARD RATE FOR INTERSTATE, THERE IS NO HEAVY DUTY SHOCK MADE FOR INTERESTATE. This is just Progressive's semantics, but it has lead to a lot of confusion.

I had a long talk with a Progressive tech about the SuperValk with no trunk/back seat/sissy/or passenger ever, and SHE recommended that I use the 4213 at my 180-5lbs, which was my feeling as well (even though the SV still has the 7 gal tank and fairing). She explained that it takes 8 of 10 (available) turns on the 4213s to get the same suspension rate of a 4221 set to the cushiest setting.

Patience matey this ain't face book!LOL ;)

Read the edited post with quotes inserted in FULL as they did not copy and paste directly and needed editing in.
I just read that insert you must be referring to, I didn’t see it before, clearly:p

Patience matey this ain't face book!LOL ;)

Read the edited post with quotes inserted in FULL as they did not copy and paste directly and needed editing in.

The shock itself is underdamped and undersprung for R3s so that rules it out completely.
If the seller is honest he should provide fitment details and as he stated in listing to contact for further info I suggest you do and get him to provide any more details from packaging, and photos of the the mounts themselves at BOTH ends.

Sometimes they may just have the wrong size rubber damper pressed into the eyes and/or the center hole and steel sleeve(?) are incorrect and that can be a simple swap for your existing stock ones as long as yours are in OK shape. Some models the mounts unscrew completely and you could theoretically swap them with correct ones off another similar or Progressive shock.

Last edited:
Rick do you know the part number for the 440s?
This is the correct part number for 12.5" HD Chrome ones to fit Rockets. I checked my spare new pair in the shed.

Note first available on Amazon in 2007 and mine were made in 2011 and were their top of the line then. The improved 444 series was not released until 2011/12.

The Low end basic 412 series also had a 412-2010C which is more likely the model that is for sale on eBay currently.

Our R3 440-4233 HD version is shared with the Honda Valkyrie VTX 1500/1800, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500/1600, and Triumph Rocket IIIs.

Progressive Suspension 440-4233C Chrome 12.5" Heavy Duty Inertia Active System Rear Suspension Shock
31AvMVRCv-L._AC_.jpg

Progressive Suspension 440-4233C Chrome 12.5" Heavy Duty Inertia Active System Rear Suspension Shock
by Progressive Suspension
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
  • Inertia Active System separates wheel movement from chassis movement
  • High pressure gas charged for consistent damping performance
  • A top mount threaded preload adjuster allows for fine tuning with a simple twist of the cap
  • The Ultimate riding shock
  • Heavy duty progressive rate spring
Brand Progressive Suspension
Item Weight 11.69 pounds
Product Dimensions 17 x 7 x 3.5 inches
Item model number 440-4233C
Manufacturer Part Number 440-4233C
Vehicle Service Type street-cruiser-motorcycles

Additional Information
ASIN B000UK5PGY
Shipping Weight 20 pounds
Date First Available July 31, 2007