Problem with first step of Rivco Risers

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hey, anyone who has installed these risers. The first line of action is to relocate the front brake splitter block which is under the front fork. The bracket & hardware aren't proper to allow the brake line (out of the block) to the left side to miss the bottom of the fork crossmember. If I just put the bracket on as instructed, the block sits all cockeyed & looks pretty goofie. What gives? How does one correct this matter? I put a little force on the elbow tube (which comes directly out of the splitter block to see if I could alter it's orientation) but it seems quite stiff. I also tried turning the block from it's original alignment with the front fork but that does not yield a solution either. I don't want to damage anything so I'll continue with the installation & hopefully someone has a solution for me.

Thanks guys (and gals).

Problem #2

One of the 4 blummin' hex socket screws for the handle bar clamp won't loosen. I've even cut the end off my SK allen wrench for a fresh start, even "shocked" the screw numerous times with hammer & a pin punch down in the hex hole & with a larger blunt punch on the top face. To no avail!

Guess for now I put it all back together until I get some suggestions from some of you experienced captains out there. I'm gonna spray some panther piss on it as I reassemble everything but now I'm concerned the hex in the screw head is not as "hexagonal" as it originally was. Not sure what to do. I was really looking forward to having the risers in place for the Sedalia ride next Sunday. Oh well, at least the engine still runs & the rubber is good.

I've heard those handlebar clamps bolts can be a bugger, especially since some Rocketeers found theirs loose so the assemblers made sure they were tight.. Sounds like you are going to have to drill the hex screw out.

I have rivco risers on my bike but they were there when I purchased my Rocket.

Past Problem #2

Thanks for the suggestion Hondax but heat is a wonderful thing. Problem #2 is out of the way (success with a small butane/oxygen torch set with a very fine tip) and on to the next issue. The instructions say to remove the 14mm nut on the bottom of the stock risers (it's an ovalated lock type). Ha Ha (by now I'm so pizzed I can't see straight :soapbox: ). The nut is a 17mm and this size puts it so close to a black bracket that a socket will not go on the nut. So, what next? Try to bend the bracket out of the way to make room for the socket (don't think so, it's pretty stout)? Or take the daring approach & remove the entire top of the fork bracket & work on it then? I'm not certain I would try this again knowing all the obstacles that lay before me. Anyway, I rerouted the throttle cables (man, what a job getting the cables wrapped back around the throttle grip) so that is out of the way. I certainly hope I don't have to leave the stock risers on. Victory is so close I can almost smell it, taste it, or whatever the saying is.

Ready for more help guys. Anyone complete this task by themselves? How to get the nuts off the bottom of the risers so I can put the mess behind me?

Last edited:
Job Done. What a pain. Better instructions would have helped the installation. Rivco, I owe you some :soapbox: comments.

Last edited:
Back