Is this the high pitched whine you get mainly in 1st 2nd and 3rd as you accellerate? Ive always had that noise,never gotten any worse or better.

Mines almost like a squeak.

I cant speak for anyone else but mine is not from the gearbox. There is an additional gear related whine normal to all straight cut geartrains that is more noticeable in the lower gears, but thats not what I am bugged about.

The whine that bugs me is there whether in nautral or gear, clutch engaged or disengaged, stationary or moving and at idle. It becomes less noticeable as the road speed rises but I think that this is due to all the other noises getting louder, like wind and tyre noises.

I will contact Triumph and ask some questions about the backlash eliminator assembly, I'm interested to know if it is a form of dual mass flywheel as well. If its not, a simple mod like berrypicker is suggesting could be the way to go.

Oops, sorry! I thought that this was another in a tiresome series of off-the-wall posts by our dear brother travelguy.:pullhairout:

I'm truly sorry to have momentarily hijacked your far more meaningful thread/conversation versus most of which comes up over in the Politics and Religion forum!:surrender::OnTopic:

Back