I just rerouted mine through the Flux Capacitor and it works great. The only problem now is if I go over 85 mph I travel back to the future.:cool:

Pure genius! I can tell you that if the beryllium-iodide gets wet... you will definitely travel. :D

As we discussed privately, I had the exact same symptoms. The other day while riding around and wondering how much the tps would set me back, I realized that I already had a tps that wasn't being used anymore since I took the butterflies off of the secondaries. I got back to the shop that evening and checked the part numbers and they were indeed identical. I immediately propped up the tank and switched the two, fired up tuneboy for the proper positioning and put it all back together. Voila! Took it out and lit up the 10 inch darkside. Took an hour ride just to be sure. My dealer hates me!:D

:confused:Bike Bandit shows a different part number for the secondaries with a slightly lower price was there any physical difference between the primary and secondary TPS's maybe harness length?

I go through a primary TPS about every 6 months! TPS failure definitely proportional to throttle whacking. :eek:

Here's my collection in just 18,000 miles, not including the 2 currently in bike:

I go through a primary TPS about every 6 months! TPS failure definitely proportional to throttle whacking. :eek:

Here's my collection in just 18,000 miles, not including the 2 currently in bike:

How much would you want for one of the bad tps's with the long pig tail? The tps for the secondaries which was originally on the primary won't reach and it causes a fault that turns on the check engine idiot light.

Last edited:
I could sell you a bad TPS, take your money... and then let you find out that the ECU not only needs to "see" the secondary TPS, it needs to have a correct reading back when it cycles the secondary throttle before startup. So the "bad" TPS plugged into your secondary position will still give you a check light (but a different code). Been there, done that. :p

If the check light bothers you, you need to buy a working TPS.

I could sell you a bad TPS, take your money... and then let you find out that the ECU not only needs to "see" the secondary TPS, it needs to have a correct reading back when it cycles the secondary throttle before startup. So the "bad" TPS plugged into your secondary position will still give you a check light (but a different code). Been there, done that. :p

If the check light bothers you, you need to buy a working TPS.

I figured that since MY bad tps never threw a fault code, it just needed to see that it was cycling at power up. Mine never totally fritzed out. It just had spots where the reading jumped up and down. But thanks for the heads up. I'll just try to finagle a few more inches out of the harness. I can see where this will lead already.

Back