TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Finally got my primary throttle position sensor replaced today, and that was definitely the culprit. Bike runs great now!

As desecribed before, the main symptoms were an apparent " very flat" spot at about 2000 RPM accomanied by a surging idle, and basically surging throttle and cough on up to about 2500 RPM. Above 2500 RPM, the bike ran great. So, as long as I stayed above 70 MPH, everything was fine!.. lol Nothing wrong with that!

Right now, I have removed my PC-III and am running Triumph's TOR tune, which seems to be working very well, and I'm pretty pleased.

Also have my bike set up as a dresser bagger now, with the Roadster screen and new (used) lowers thanks to Tom, whihch are working great in the colder weather! Of course, now that I put them on.. we're back in the 80s.. :D

Glad you got all of the bugs worked out of it. I put my roadster screen on after riding around with that picture glass window (clear view), and it felt as if I had no screen at all! I think that taller screen has ruined me:eek:

Finally got my primary throttle position sensor replaced today, and that was definitely the culprit. Bike runs great now!

As desecribed before, the main symptoms were an apparent " very flat" spot at about 2000 RPM accomanied by a surging idle, and basically surging throttle and cough on up to about 2500 RPM. Above 2500 RPM, the bike ran great. So, as long as I stayed above 70 MPH, everything was fine!.. lol Nothing wrong with that!

Good work! I believe I now have a permanent fix for what ails the R3 TPS, but I'll wait a few thousand more miles to make sure this fix solves our TPS failure rate.

Well.. I didn't do the work, the dealer did. If I had been smart and bought TuneBoy when I bought my PC-III, I could have done it myself.. :)

Hey Walt is that the shim fix your trying?

Yes, I'm using a di-clad beryllium-copper, beryllium-iodide shim to protect the TPS from ionic diffusion in the mass airflow through the throttle body. So far, this has prevented degradation of the TPS, but really need more mileage before publication.

Yes, I'm using a di-clad beryllium-copper, beryllium-iodide shim to protect the TPS from ionic diffusion in the mass airflow through the throttle body. So far, this has prevented degradation of the TPS, but really need more mileage before publication.

I just rerouted mine through the Flux Capacitor and it works great. The only problem now is if I go over 85 mph I travel back to the future.:cool:

As we discussed privately, I had the exact same symptoms. The other day while riding around and wondering how much the tps would set me back, I realized that I already had a tps that wasn't being used anymore since I took the butterflies off of the secondaries. I got back to the shop that evening and checked the part numbers and they were indeed identical. I immediately propped up the tank and switched the two, fired up tuneboy for the proper positioning and put it all back together. Voila! Took it out and lit up the 10 inch darkside. Took an hour ride just to be sure. My dealer hates me!:D

Back