Power Lunch II at Kehde's BBQ

Hondax

Nitrous
Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
Meeting called to order 12:45PM today @ Kehde's BBQ in beautiful Sedalia Missouri. Temperature was 96f+, dry with moderate SW winds.
Attendees: Pianoman, Tomo, Hondax, and special celebrity impersonator(impersonates anything gay) Patrick on his iconic HD,......nice ride!
Hondax was in charge of parking, making sure all were well under the shady awning erected for the original restaurant Dogs and Suds. Reserved window seating was arranged by Hondax as well. Pianoman and Patrick kept Tomo and I entertained, as well as anyone in ear shot, which amounted to the entire southern city limits.:D During a couple of sad tales, our waitress wiped away Pianoman's imaginary tears,....very touching. Pianoman appeared to like her attention. To my knowledge no phone #'s were exchanged.;)
Tomo supplied us with technical data concerning Tuneboy and other stuff. I just nodded my head as if I knew what the Helll he was talking about. I believe I convinced him I'm actually smart about such matters.:eek:
Many topics were covered from Forums, to Aussies, to gay impersonations, to Tuneboy, to BBQ places in KC, to frosty mugged root beer, to burned ends, to chicken chit, to corvairs , and last but not least, Rocket III's.
As I was waiting for the boyz to arrive, several very complimentary strangers had lots of praise for my Rocket. All were Harley owners. I also had fun with my parking place as I parked in such a way as to be hidden until you just start to pull in. I noticed some very unappreciative words flowing out of some driving mouths, tisk, tisk!!!!,....bet their steering wheels got mighty hot parking in the sun.:D

Can't wait for the next visit. Maybe Pig9R will be free from in-laws to join in the power lunch.

Thanks all for making my day. Very nice to meet you Patrick.

Jeff

Last edited:
Good eats!!

I have a few pics... reserved parking in the shade was great!!

Here is Patrick's Harley, a very nice bike. Who says we are mean to Harley riders? We even take them out to lunch (We made him pick up the tab)..

PianoMan bought a bundle of burnt ends to go to snack on later back in KC... As you can plainly see the deranged Harley rider attacked him in an attempt to steal them...

OK... so I made that last one up. Here is the new sheepskin I purchased from Alaska Leather... This worked very well, I rather liked it. It was 98F when I got home and the sheepskin kept me cool and comfortable and helped to fight off the dreaded Monkey butt..

(Edit note... I put in too many pics.. I'll post the seat pad below)

We made pretty good time getting down there and even better time coming back. I was trying to stay in sight of the speed limit but I didn't do a very good job of that at times. Being the 4th of July weekend there were a few cops out... I almost got nailed just a few blocks from my house. Coming back we had to fight a pretty stiff headwind, probably a consistant 20 mph blast of Texas heat. Why don't you clowns keep that to yourselves down there?

These are great lunches.. a good time had by all. Patrick fit right in and his Harley easily kept up with us today. He is certainly welcome back anytime. I think we should give a little advance warning on the next one and maybe some of you that are close can join in...

Tomo

I wanted to add that Patrick and Pianoman have known each other since they were 8 years old which is so awesome to me. Like any seasoned act these two really can get you going. Please come along anytime you like Patrick, I'll have questions on a 3X5 card for you next time. Very nice Harley what-cha-glide Patrick, so shiny, clean, and American.;)

Tomo's bike really lets you know it's coming, smooth, loud, and deep,......on demand.:D

Sorry I missed this one but the mandatory family fun got in the way.
If you miss the next power lunch we'll have the waitress set out an empty chair in your honor.:cool:

PS Just after y'all left a Harley rider and Pillion limped in with a flat. You guys may have seen them on your way out.:(

Last edited:
Back