Powder Coating question

Damd
I experiented with powder coating this winter. The company that did the work recomended all chrome parts should be sand blasted to ensure adhesion. They did state that it could be done without be would not guarentee. I encluded some pics below. I also painted some plastic parts. I hope this helps.
Scott

Damd
I experiented with powder coating this winter. The company that did the work recomended all chrome parts should be sand blasted to ensure adhesion. They did state that it could be done without be would not guarentee. I encluded some pics below. I also painted some plastic parts. I hope this helps.
Scott

Wow Scott - you sure do love black powdercoating !
Now if only your bike was painted black instead of red, that would look different:D

Amboguzzi,

****, you know my color preference, but dude that is one awsome looking bike. I would have to say I like the looks of that as well as any Rocket I have seen on the site....Powder On!

Scott

I like the looks of your bike. I hate chrome and have been looking into ways to get rid of it and I think you gave me the answer. Do want to know how it holds up on th exhaust and plastic parts though.

Raymond,
Thanks
Paul,
The jury is still out on the durability; however, I have @ 500 miles and two washes and everything seems to be going well. Last night was a test for the coating on the heat shields. I was running late and had 90 miles cover in not enough time. I figure I averaged 85-90 mph for 75 of the 90 miles on the highway (I dont normally condone this type of activity, but the potential fall out that could arise, for being late once again, was worth the risk.). It was just getting dark and I noticed the red glow of the exhaust headers behind the sheilds. I began to wonder if this was just an optional night light I did not realize was offered by triumph. Once I got home, I checked to see if there was any powder coating left at all and to my amazement everything seemed to be OK. If I run into any problems, I will be sure to keep this forum advised.
As for the plastic parts, I actually sanded off the "chrome" finish then cleaned with mineral spirits before spraying w/ Krylon plastic primer. I finished with a black textured spray paint.
Scott

Ambo....... Great look. I'm doing a black ceramic coating for my stainless steel exhaust since it wants to go yellow on me. With your pictures I have a better idea of how it's going to look.

If you have time, can you post a picture of the left side of the Rocket with the bearclaw blackened.

Back