Powder coated the sissy bar.

they blast the chrome off then do a spray and then bake process, no chrome should ever be left on for a powdercoating. sorry bud.

I've had powdercoat applied over chrome , just gave the chrome a good scuff with a course brillo pad/ steel wool or whatever .. it's stayed on for me anyway.

1836944_10201088444726956_689137271_o.jpg
I did the same thing, sissy bar and crash bars, done at local powder coater who just closed up due to EPA pressures

that looks sweet, I will be installing mine tomorrow when I return from the glorious wonders of work travel I should have pics up by thursdsay. was it a bad install? do the shocks have to come off?

that looks sweet, I will be installing mine tomorrow when I return from the glorious wonders of work travel I should have pics up by thursdsay. was it a bad install? do the shocks have to come off?
Easy install, shocks stay on. The crash bars are a bit more difficult as you have to use a jack to take the weight of the engine, so you can remove the front engine mount to install the bars. It sounds difficult, but if the engine is supported correctly then the long bolt will slide out, and then in, easily.

Back