Potential New R3 owner

I just sold my 05 with almost 50k on it, no problems, the good man i sold it to is riding the wheels off of it and he has no troubles with it, buy it and enjoy it, :thumbsup:

Welcome HH to the best group on the internet, really:) Buy the one you like, take it for a ride, early ones needed the tranny update. Some require the ignition switch to be upgraded. Prepare for the S-miles:D Oh yea, welcome from Maine

Hoopla

welcome from another Christchurch New Zealand.

Proud owner of a 2006 classic.

I have 47000 kms. I did get the up date kit fitted last year due to the odd time it slipped out of 2nd gear. Under extremely hard accerating. But all good now.

Welcome from Illinois! Everyone here is going to tell you you'll enjoy the bike, and you likely will. If you are used to a Harley or a Hionda, like I was, you'll be a little dismayed at the lack of accessories out there. However, the internet and especially this forum provide the support, inspiration and parts you'll need. BTW, When I see a thread title like 'potential new R3 owner', my first and only thought is, why hasn't he ridden one yet? Cause if you test rode one, you'd be too busy with your checkbook to post here.

Welcome from Illinois! Everyone here is going to tell you you'll enjoy the bike, and you likely will. If you are used to a Harley or a Hionda, like I was, you'll be a little dismayed at the lack of accessories out there. However, the internet and especially this forum provide the support, inspiration and parts you'll need. BTW, When I see a thread title like 'potential new R3 owner', my first and only thought is, why hasn't he ridden one yet? Cause if you test rode one, you'd be too busy with your checkbook to post here.

Had a 2001 Tbird and been riding a Vstrom 650 the past few years, used to the ebay/classified shuffle for what I'm looking for, no problems there.

You'd think a test ride would be easy....nope. I was in the dealership in May drooling over a T120 but they were reluctant to put the bike on the road for a test ride. 99% sure I would have signed that day, but don't like the pressure of a sale clouding my judgement. The more I'm looking at the Rocket, the more I remember how excited I was back when they came out. The 900 triple was a fun, touquey engine that was a blast to drive. When I saw the Rocket coming just loved seeing another triple from Hinkley. Miight be more of EVERYTHING I need, and is a bit more of a cruiser than the Bonnie, but **** that bike just calls out to me :)

Back