Potential New R3 owner

Welcome Bigcountry from Chesterfield UK, as already stated if you decide to take on the R3 you will never look at another bike the same again.

I wish you well with you decision making, let us know how you get on either way?

Hello Bigcountry and welcome from Virginia. Good luck on your next great adventure when you buy that Rocket.

Big Country, welcome from Maine. I second the second gear comment, just hang on. Just yesterday, me bride and me, passed a truck going up hill, going 80 just past the truck, can't wait for my header to arrive:eek:

Hoopla

Welcome from Indiana.

Took my first test ride on a late November day in Chicago. 28 degrees and windy. No gear. Lasted about a mile. Front end got real lite real quick. Frozen smile to be sure and sold.

Thinking about it the R3 is the only bike I have ever owned that up to this point I have never cranked the throttle wide open.

Thinking about it the R3 is the only bike I have ever owned that up to this point I have never cranked the throttle wide open.
Oh the humanity! What in the heck are you waiting for?! That’s like spending your whole life stuck on third base!:p;)

That’s one way to stay away from the power chasing game though. Always keep a little mystery. After a year with the R3 I started to seriously question if it wasn’t performing as well or if I’d just gotten used to it. I figure I need to keep adding power until I stop asking myself that question. :D

Oh the humanity! What in the heck are you waiting for?! That’s like spending your whole life stuck on third base!:p;)

That’s one way to stay away from the power chasing game though. Always keep a little mystery. After a year with the R3 I started to seriously question if it wasn’t performing as well or if I’d just gotten used to it. I figure I need to keep adding power until I stop asking myself that question. :D

:cool: I have all the performance I desire at the moment and not having opened the throttle all the way doesn't have anything to do with taking the bike to the limit.
This bike just has so much excess....I know it is there if needed, but heck I hit the throttle the other day at 30mph and brought the front tire off the ground if just a bit.
Top end? I lost my nerve at 140mph This bike makes a Ton Up patch obsolete.
When I am going to get on it I tighten my grip like I am mounting a bull.(no not our Bull)

I find it funny they call it a Touring. I think of it as a Performance machine with accessories:D

Back