Potential New R3 owner

Bigcountry

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 Scrambler XE
I am contemplating purchasing a T3 and I wanted to join the forum to gain insight. I already have a Trophy and a Tiger (955i).

Yes, I took two test rides. Albeit, they were short lived about five miles.... They pull is amazing. My hands actually almost came off the grips. I'm read the post on this site and figure things out.

In ‘07 I bought my ‘05 from a 3rd party dealer who took it as a trade. They wouldn’t let anyone test ride it. It started and idled well and the price was right so I signed on the line, just 22 years old.

To that point the most powerful bike I’d ridden was a Harley 1200 Sportster Sport. On the ride home from buying the R3 I was cruising alongside a river in 2nd and thought, well… let’s see what she’s got!

Cranked it hard, held on for dear life, and no joke I got honest to god tunnel vision.

And naturally, the same as everyone else here, I had The Grin.

Welcome!

Welcome Big country from a little country , England ! The bikes are great but even more so , you get to hang around with the great guys and gals here ! :thumbsup:

Welcome from New Zealand, R3s are great, a different kind of power to the 955 and Trophy, buckets of torque. After riding old bikes all my life (60's and 70's Triumphs) I briefly dabbled with a Speed Triple before getting my R3, that was 10 years ago, wouldn't go back, its ruined all other bikes for me.

Back