Poor grade fuel

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Evenin all...i went prepared for a tuneecu today they were insistant they dynode it first for comparisons i said iwasnt interested in that..cut a long story short turned out i have only 2.6 bar at the fuel rail...ok im sorting that out as we speak checking the fuel regulator and cleaning the injectors just noticed the the fuel line inside and outside the tank has perished slightly and has very fine cracks i will replace that,then he goes on to tell me that the new maps i have off some good folk here will not necissarily work... excuse the spelling!! As the fuel here in Thailand is very low grade gasohol 95 and rarely at best you can pick up some benzine for that reason would not work? guess that makes sense...but is it true? He wants to tune it on the stock map!!! This is the norm here in Thailand... dont be fooled by the smile somebody beam me up pls

You can adjust trims on the stock map, but never never never let the mechanic bully you. If he is truly helpful he will make suggestions but he can never be insistent...proceed on your own if you wish. Extract and make a copy of the stock map first so you will have it. That's the important thing. Be sure to select new maps that are for your bike, touring maps are only for touring bikes, classics and roadsters have their own maps. I am betting that the factory map you have is meant to accommodate low octane fuel. Don't over advance the ignition timing and you should be OK, in playing with the fuel trims, just don't go crazy all in one go.

20170510_194220.jpg
You can adjust trims on the stock map, but never never never let the mechanic bully you. If he is truly helpful he will make suggestions but he can never be insistent...proceed on your own if you wish. Extract and make a copy of the stock map first so you will have it. That's the important thing. Be sure to select new maps that are for your bike, touring maps are only for touring bikes, classics and roadsters have their own maps. I am betting that the factory map you have is meant to accommodate low octane fuel. Don't over advance the ignition timing and you should be OK, in playing with the fuel trims, just don't go crazy all in one go.
Cheerz John all that was regarding this dyno i will upload a pic now

Back