Ponters RIIIR could be yours

Try hanging onto an early 80's Jap bike at over 200kph.
did 230 kph indicated on an italian autostrada back in 1987 on a kawa ninja 900 scared myself silly for two very long minutes, realized cars did not have time to see me when passing and had to look way way far ahead to avoid any encounters with truck and bus traffic moving at around 120kph

Little room for error at that pace for sure .. did nearly 240kph on a V-Rod Muscle (again with Catherine on the back) .. was on a HD Demo ride up in Darwin (we'd all signed a form stating we would not exceed the posted speed limit ) .. which was 80kph :D
I need to get out and test ride some bikes :)

Did 220 klms on my old Gpz 900 on a Honda ride day they ran from Ferntree gully back in the 90s the great thing was the cops rode out the front of everyone god knows what speeds they did. Secretly I think they loved it. Someone always had a big off though got a bit unnerving when the bike started to fish tail above 190. Only had the rocket to 170 did it easy, solid as a rock- et!

Reckon every bike copper in WA is in Albany for this weekend .. seen at least 25 /30 of them today. Seen a pack of 11 arriving in town in one bunch .. not the weekend to be demo riding , here anyway ..hahahah

Sonny Barger was riding one last time I saw him. He said it was the best bike he had ever ridden - and he had ridden them all - soft tails, pan heads, road kings, etc., etc., etc. In my inside voice I said "yeah, but you've only ever ridden Harleys". I suggested that he go to a dealer and take an RIII for a run. :D

The styling doesn't do a thing for me. However, they don't look too bad when ridden two up.

Thread mine but as @IMFASTTOO said at the time "Sonny Barger ??"

Just googled him.
Sonny Barger - Wikipedia

and laughed when I saw this:

In terms of pure workmanship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "**** Harley-Davidson."
— - Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel [6]

Back