Pic of a monochromatic red please?

Captain Scarlet

.020 Over
Only joking guys! LOL! :D

Will proly order my new R3 in the next two weeks. I like running boards and want decent comfort, so thinking of going for the Classic.

The seat of the Classic looks comfy, but is it? Anybody tried it out yet? How does it fair against the gel version of the regular R3? Any views appreciated! :)

The stock saddle is fine for around town. If I'm doing anything long distance, I throw on the Airhawk. It's grooovy man!

Oh wait, I see you're refering to the Classic. Don't got one o them. My bad.

Last edited:
'Classic' stock saddle?

The AirHawk is well rated.

I live just outside of London, but my sister lives in Crossville Tennessee and I visited Chattanooga last year - what part are you from?

I have a Classic and I spent a few hours with my ass planted on it and it seems fine. Of course I haven't been on the stock (standard) seat for longer than a test ride. It looks like the Classic seat is bigger and has more of a ass friendly cut and shape to it. Since I am still technically in the "break in" stage I haven't really punished the bike very much yet so time will tell when the "pucker factor" kicks in how comfortable it will be up my ass.:D

Unless you are stuck on the tribal red I would consider getting the Classic. For only a few hundred more you get about a $1000 in options. The handlebars feel a lot better to me than the stock bars and I am really getting used to the foot boards. They have a nice angle to them.

Thanks Pig9R, I didn't find the stock seat uncomfortable on the two short rides I've had on a Rocket, however my wife didn't find the pillion too comfy and a lot of folk on the forums complain about the stock seat. The Classic seat looks far more comfortable, and a better shape for more support at the base of the spine.

The stock RIII in the UK is £400/$750 less than the Classic, but that is what you could expect to pay just for say a two-tone paint option and change of bars.

When I worked out the cost of the chrome cyclinder head, running boards, end caps, and imrpoved dual seat we're suddenly talking £,1,182, or the best part of $2,000, which makes it seem a relative bargain - assuming you would, in an ideal world, add these features to a stock bike anyway.

I did the factory tour on Monday and they were making 10 stock R3's and 48 Classic's on that day; so others must think the same, even allowing for 'new' model novalty.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a Classic. I like the white/red, but my wife prefers the red/black. I'll probably end up with red/black - anything for a quiet life! ;)

Both color choices are sharp however I thought the red and white made the tank appear bigger than the red and black. Either way they are sharp. One cool thing also is that the pin striper signs each piece.

In my quest to find rump comfort at an afforable price I found this site with the help of fellow Captains. The testimonies are too good to not give this the "ole' college try"
http://www.aqua-aire.com/

I'ts what wheel chair bound folks use for all day comfort. It's black and about 50.00 dollars US. Hard to find anything like this for so cheap. It uses air and water and is fully adjustable. I ordered the Aqua-aire seat pad with straps last week and it shipped this past Saturday. They are shipping it USPS so i'm still waiting for it..........:(

Full review when it arrives:cool: :)

Well the Aqua-aire cushion came in today. What i thought was a strap turns out to be a gay purple trimmed clear travel bag......ooops. So I better not lift my arse.:eek:

This thing looks better suited for a custom type aftermarket seat rather than one of the Triumph offering cuz this aqua-aire cushion is one big sucker. Any arse would have plenty of room on this.

I'll let you know how it feels in the next couple days.:)

Thanks for the pic, Piggy. There certainly seemed to be more black and red at the Triumph factory and I have to agree the white tank makes an enormous bike look like it's been super-sized again! A red and black Classic it is then. I like the hand painted pinstripe too. I didn't see it this time around, but when I visited the factory several years ago I saw them pinstriping by hand, so it's the real deal.

Hondax, great link to your erm, gay product! Sounds like a cheap alternative to the AirHawk, with the advantage of water too, which I think should theoretically work well. I was once laid up in hospital for several weeks with two compound fractured legs. My heels were starting to ger sore from all the laying around and the nurses didn't know what to do. An old matron came along, and filled two rubber gloves with water and tied knots in them, before slipping them under my heels. Ah, like heaven it was! If it's anything like that it'll work well - assuming it doesn't make you sea-sick! :D

I was once laid up in hospital for several weeks with two compound fractured legs

What's the bike # (1 thru 24)you were riding when mishap happened......or am I being presumptuous?;)

Yes, I thought the theory behind the aqua-aire was sound. My chiropractor sells pillows that use air and water. Best pillow I ever owned......and i don't need a cup of water on my night stand....just a straw....:D

Back