Period Cruiser-Yes Another 750 Honda

Well done. Restoring them to original is both costly and time consuming. A applaud your attention to detail. I have a Yamaha RD350 project in the works now, I hope that turns out half as good as yours ....

Wow I had the last year of the RD350. Bought new the day I graduated MCRD. Really it was my first real motorcycle. Would like to see some pics of the Yamaha RD 350 project. Second bike was a 1978 Honda 750. Last year of the single overhead cam. Rode the wheels off of both bikes.

Wet sanded and cut and buffed the side covers today. With my unintentional defects they look pretty close to a factory match considering the tank color has had a few more years to fade. Polished the forks, touched up the rotor, tomorrow a tire mount. I have done about five in a row now without a pitching a tube, probably due by now.....

Yes Dave, full retirement is *****. I must say it is the best job I ever had......

Attachments

• DSC04697.JPG
    DSC04697.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC04699.JPG
    DSC04699.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC04700.JPG
    DSC04700.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 6
Well she is on the ground again with a new from end. The rebuilt master cylinder and brake caliber work perfectly with kits installed and I always find that to be fifty on a good day as to whether or not you get a good seal. Clocks and bucket go back on next after checking that birds nest one more time for good connections and smearing a little dialectic grease.

DSC04701.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Front is done and we have clocks, cables, and the bucket. I am sure that guy we have all heard of who gets 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag is who installs the headlight wiring loom at the factory. Now on to the rear end.....

DSC04706.JPG
DSC04703.JPG
DSC04704.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Done deal done, just about. I finished bolting everything back on this afternoon. Dumped some corn free in the tank, turned the petcock on to no leaks. Pulled the choke and hit the starter, fired right away. Took a short trip around the block trying to outrun an approaching thunder storm and was totally impressed, pulls strong, no smoke, shifts like butter, and other than some idle adjustment and finishing detail touches like a seat strap, mirrors, and few more coats of wax, it is done. I will probably list it in the next week or two, I really do believe it is a original 9000 mile survivor that I know I will regret selling. I am going to throw a few more miles on it before making the call. I truly enjoy bringing them back, but **** do I hate the hassle of selling one. No shows, low ballers, endless questions, I am hoping the Nigerian Prince is still out there who will pay double of you accept his third party check......Wish me luck.....

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    337.1 KB · Views: 8
Back