Performance Question

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
I have a 2014 Rocket III Roadster. When I turn the throttle, regardless of RPM it takes off like a banshee into the night. That is to say, you feel the power instantly in your head, neck, seat everywhere. I do have the Dave Platt Outlaw exhaust on it (no CAT). However, when I do the same on my 2020 Rocket 3 GT, it just seems to be lacking. I have modified Rider Mode to be ABS = ON, MAP = Sport, TC = Sport. I am still in the "Running in" of my first 1000km, I'm at 500km. No warnings at power on, no indications of any malfunctions. Don't get me wrong, it goes, but just not the way my Roadster explodes off the throttle.

Is there a limiter that is waiting to be cleared at first service (scheduled for Jun 5)?

Anyone else experience this?

I am still in the "Running in" of my first 1000km, I'm at 500km.
Do you have the Gear indicator set to 'Running in' within the bike setup. My dealer mentioned that this does restrict not only the gear change recommendation but, and I quote "how quick you get there too". Not sure if this is actually true fact, but passing it on just in case. I also believe I have read somewhere that something magical happens after 1000miles within the ECU, also don't know if this is fact.

Do you have the Gear indicator set to 'Running in' within the bike setup. My dealer mentioned that this does restrict not only the gear change recommendation but, and I quote "how quick you get there too". Not sure if this is actually true fact, but passing it on just in case. I also believe I have read somewhere that something magical happens after 1000miles within the ECU, also don't know if this is fact.
I do have the Gear Indicator set to "Running In". Noticed the red lights flashing over the RPM as I touched 4000RPM. I'll leave it in that mode until the first service in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned...

I sure hope that's true! Would love it if my new R3GT outperformed my old one, considering the investment!!

Thanks!

i'm not sure if i noticed a big difference after my initial service, but can disable the TCS in rider mode now, which makes for nice burn outs, and my redline is higher now, if want to give it a hard take off, it will go
I have found that compared with the R3T, it is a different kind of power feeling, they each deliver power, but they seem to do it a little differently, at least that is the feeling i get

luckily, I don't have a comparator, so it's just blows my mind as it is... did you go for the fast black one, the red hot one or the slow grey/silver/red one?

luckily, I don't have a comparator, so it's just blows my mind as it is... did you go for the fast black one, the red hot one or the slow grey/silver/red one?
IMG_20200208_131706.jpg

Since revs not going over 4k, wouldn't that be the problem? Over 10k miles I think you can get to the red line. No?

Last edited:
I have a 2014 Rocket III Roadster. When I turn the throttle, regardless of RPM it takes off like a banshee into the night. That is to say, you feel the power instantly in your head, neck, seat everywhere. I do have the Dave Platt Outlaw exhaust on it (no CAT). However, when I do the same on my 2020 Rocket 3 GT, it just seems to be lacking. I have modified Rider Mode to be ABS = ON, MAP = Sport, TC = Sport. I am still in the "Running in" of my first 1000km, I'm at 500km. No warnings at power on, no indications of any malfunctions. Don't get me wrong, it goes, but just not the way my Roadster explodes off the throttle.

Is there a limiter that is waiting to be cleared at first service (scheduled for Jun 5)?

Anyone else experience this?
If it runs 0-60 in 2.7 sec, I doubt you’re missing any power.

I know the feeling your talking about, I had a roadster with DP exhausts and the Ramair among other things and the aggressive nature in which she pulled was brutal, the new one is far more refined and my thought is that the pull is there but delivered in such a refined way that it’s not as obvious.

Back