Performance Question

2015 Rocket X. Paul's three into one exhaust and ramair mixed with the man in the tin sheds street cams and a tune that caters to the low and mid range. Pull is a understatement. If i desired refinement would ride a Honda. Obvious not at all. Then again

I know the feeling your talking about, I had a roadster with DP exhausts and the Ramair among other things and the aggressive nature in which she pulled was brutal, the new one is far more refined and my thought is that the pull is there but delivered in such a refined way that it’s not as obvious.
After a long run today of 5 hours, I think you're right. It's there, it's just refined and smooth rather than brutal and forceful.

I kinda like brutal and forceful though.

Service is two weeks away, we'll see if anything changes after that.

After a long run today of 5 hours, I think you're right. It's there, it's just refined and smooth rather than brutal and forceful.

I kinda like brutal and forceful though.

Service is two weeks away, we'll see if anything changes after that.
So you are keeping revs no higher than 4k. Right?

IMO the Rocket is a lot like one of the more powerful Mercedes or Beemers in that they go like stink but you don't really realise it until you see silly figures on the speedo and/or your buddies bikes like fly specs in the rear view mirrors. My 1200 Scrambler felt like it was pulling harder, but i know for a fact it is no match for the Rocket.
Also, the rev counter/shift indicator doing anything else than visually telling you it's time to shift up sounds like baloney to me.
To my knowledge only BMW feature a true rev limiter that chimes in at the max running in rpm, and it takes a visit to the dealer/ first service to disable.

Yeah I wasn’t in running in mode and it was violent then I saw it had running in mode and it has become much more docile. The ecu must be limiting the power in running in mode, which would be helpful for those of us that can’t help but test the power of this thing

Yeah I wasn’t in running in mode and it was violent then I saw it had running in mode and it has become much more docile. The ecu must be limiting the power in running in mode, which would be helpful for those of us that can’t help but test the power of this thing
I've been told the "Running in mode" is simply a mode for the shift indicator, that's all (rev counter flashing orange/red at 4000 rpm instead of 7000) so no power restriction.
EDIT: I'm in running in mode and that didn't keep the rear wheel from spinning in second gear when i had to accelerate quickly out of a pickle in traffic the other day :)

Last edited:
I turned that mode on after doing the 480km that you are supposed to keep it under 4000 revs and it never flashes or anything but the power is definitely different in feeling. I’m going to try taking it off that mode tomorrow and test it.

I dunno.. What i've been told (and as far as i can interpret the manual) it is just a visual indication it's time to change up..

Skärmavbild 2020-05-13 kl. 09.36.42.png

Back