TheKid

Top Fuel
Ride
2007 Rocket III Standard /2010 R3T
I live in a cave, kinda, where I just got semi high speed internet about a year or so ago. This is new to me and I am enjoying it. Very relaxing. Anyway, I bought a used PC today (that doesn't work) and I need to know what I need on it, I guess operating system? It has windows XP. The reason why it doesn't work will be fixed tomorrow.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Caveman

I'v built many computers and may be able to help. Primary software needed is an OS (operating system). The most popular is windows. If the computer is used and has less than a 3 core processor, like a Pentium 4, I would recommend Windows XP. PM me if you have any question or if its acting funny and I'll do my best to help.

After all riders need to stick together!

Thanks Smitty. I hope I don't bother you too much. I will take the . I just realized that I should have said Lap Top. I will take it back tomorrow as it is covered by a 90day warranty. Its a Dell Latitude D610. Windows XP Pro, and the rest Im not sure about. It is all written down, CPU: 1.86 GHz Pentium M Centrino. Ram: 1 GB, and for $40 more I can go to 2GB. Optical: DVD/CD-RW. Plays DVD's & burns CD's. I need it burn DVD's and they said it would but after reading it does not. Hard Drive is 40 GB. For $160, I just wanted something to be able to download info and upload it to my R3T.
Tsmith, Thanks.
Ken Smith

Back