biker1059

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket GT
So, what is the size difference between the stock passenger seat on the GT and the comfort seat? Size wise.

So, what is the size difference between the stock passenger seat on the GT and the comfort seat? Size wise.
Hi biker. The comfort seat is a bit wider at the back and doesn't rub on your inside leg. It is better definitely. The standard one is ok for around town, any more than 100kl and it chafes my groin.

I think I misread that. You were talking about the Passenger seat. I have removed mine. On mine with the comfort seat, the standard Pass seat protrudes into the rider seat quite a bit, you can feel it against your bust. I would imagine that the seat to suit would be smaller.

The GT seat and Comfort Seat are the same width and basic curve, but the Comfort seat is longer front to back because it is used with either the standard "R" saddle or comfort saddle. The GT pillion is shorter because the GT rider saddle is deeper as your rear end sits farther back. I have a R3 R fitted with the GT seats. At first, my dealer ordered the comfort pillion seat. When they mounted it to the GT saddle, it hanged over into the "butt" area of my saddle by about 2 inches. I'm like "Did you guys sit on this, there is no way this is right." I wish I had taken a picture cause it looked ridiculous.

don't you guys think the rear seat on the GT is too short, when my 16 year old son is on the back he is really against my back and I have a GTR!! (GT with R handlebars 🙃)
in my opinion they could have extended the rear fender 2 inches and moved everything back some, would have made the bike even better on looks, but thats my opinion

don't you guys think the rear seat on the GT is too short, when my 16 year old son is on the back he is really against my back and I have a GTR!! (GT with R handlebars 🙃)
in my opinion they could have extended the rear fender 2 inches and moved everything back some, would have made the bike even better on looks, but thats my opinion
Yeah, if I sat back there I would be squished too, but my wife says she is ok with it, so I'm happy.

The GT seat and Comfort Seat are the same width and basic curve, but the Comfort seat is longer front to back because it is used with either the standard "R" saddle or comfort saddle. The GT pillion is shorter because the GT rider saddle is deeper as your rear end sits farther back. I have a R3 R fitted with the GT seats. At first, my dealer ordered the comfort pillion seat. When they mounted it to the GT saddle, it hanged over into the "butt" area of my saddle by about 2 inches. I'm like "Did you guys sit on this, there is no way this is right." I wish I had taken a picture cause it looked ridiculous.
I know this was a while ago but I just purchased an R and want to make sure I'm understanding this right. I was under the impression that the Rocket 3 touring seat you can purchase from triumph is the same seat as the GT which from reading your reply is not correct. Are you saying that the touring seat doesn't work well with the R pillion pad? I'm trying to determine if I just need to find a GT seat and pillion instead.

Back