My wife was very uncomfortable on the stock pillion, and the wobbly stock backrest as well. She's much happier with the Corbin Dual Tour and backrest. Even still she doesn't know that she could take a full day's ride. Her remaining issue though has more to do with legroom than seat comfort.

Unfortunately Triumph only played lip service to the passengers needs on the new Rocket despite offing a GT version. I changed my Thunderbird LT for the R3 GT and my wife hated the pillion setup. It has taken a lot of work to get the bike to the point that she finds it comfortable.
Changes are:
Add 2 inches to the height and width of the pillion seat ( I did this myself but had an upholsterer make a new cover)
Fit larger sissy pad.
Fit full mudguard
Fit lower and slightly forward pillion pegs (and she is only 5ft!)
Fit larger bags (the wife needs a lot more stuff than I do!)
To be honest it was a lot of work and quite some expense and I wouldn't have bothered except that I had already swapped the bikes. Before anyone says I have ruined the bike all mods (except the thicker wider seat) are reversible.

My advice is to keep the old R111 for 2 up and touring and use the R3 as a solo machine.

Unfortunately Triumph only played lip service to the passengers needs on the new Rocket despite offing a GT version. I changed my Thunderbird LT for the R3 GT and my wife hated the pillion setup. It has taken a lot of work to get the bike to the point that she finds it comfortable.
Changes are:
Add 2 inches to the height and width of the pillion seat ( I did this myself but had an upholsterer make a new cover)
Fit larger sissy pad.
Fit full mudguard
Fit lower and slightly forward pillion pegs (and she is only 5ft!)
Fit larger bags (the wife needs a lot more stuff than I do!)
To be honest it was a lot of work and quite some expense and I wouldn't have bothered except that I had already swapped the bikes. Before anyone says I have ruined the bike all mods (except the thicker wider seat) are reversible.

My advice is to keep the old R111 for 2 up and touring and use the R3 as a solo machine.
Yeah unfortunately I had already promised it to my son which I'm happy I did hes thrilled as h***, I think I will try the code and see if that doesn't work I guess I'm riding alone oh well

Not to threadjack, but I would love to know more about what you did for the pillion pegs.
Still a work in progress but here they are. Bear in mind that the pillion seat is also 2 inches higher.
tempImageOyvmNk.png
tempImagePzTt4n.png

Back