Part of detent missing

Ok I agree in running her if you didn't find that bit of the spring. If you dropped the sump pan I would wonder what you found in the pick up screens especially the front one. If you didn't check I wouldn't pull her back down especially if she is all together. If it got to the screen the mesh is too small for something like that to pass. Figure most people ride a little or a lot before they figure out it might be broke. It could have been stuck in the clutch cover when you first opened it especially with a gasket lip on it. I'd put her back together and go spank good. Maybe the next oil change if I was worried I'd be dropping the sump pan for another look. The gasket is cheap. Remember since you have had the sump off you could have already disposed of it during that process.

Ok I agree in running her if you didn't find that bit of the spring. If you dropped the sump pan I would wonder what you found in the pick up screens especially the front one. If you didn't check I wouldn't pull her back down especially if she is all together. If it got to the screen the mesh is too small for something like that to pass. Figure most people ride a little or a lot before they figure out it might be broke. It could have been stuck in the clutch cover when you first opened it especially with a gasket lip on it. I'd put her back together and go spank good. Maybe the next oil change if I was worried I'd be dropping the sump pan for another look. The gasket is cheap. Remember since you have had the sump off you could have already disposed of it during that process.
Great words from the wise 1 and cheers for getting back, to wrap it up the screens were spick, I knew as soon as the spring went I felt it through my foot, I about turned and nursed it back home keeping it in second gear and only for a mile tops covered it up and called it a day, funny thing is now I was 99.9% sure it was the detent but when I got back and pullled the casing off by the way this was at 10.15pm straight off a 15hr flight there was no spring sitting at the bottom as most pics I've seen has been the case, my heart sank thinking it was something more sinister as I need to ride lol but low and behold as you can see in the pic the bulk of it was still hanging off that little pole😁, fresh oil is arriving today as is the silicon grease for the sump and front casing gaskets great stuff that is the sump dropped off as I was unbolting as did the front casing and I've had zero leaks so that saves alot of time minus the cleaning, I would also like to add a little trick I used when fitting the spring I used a very small zip tie put my forefinger through it pulled it across hooked it up cut it and pulled it free, As for the nxt oil change yep the sump will be comming off again just to check that front screen just for peace sake,

Cheers to yourself and all who took the time to reply 🍻

Ride Safe

One last thing while we're on it if triumph can't find a steel to stand up to the job why don't they at least make the spring with a longer length on the curved ends so it physically can't fall off when it tries to bail🤔

Back