Output shaft bearing cap

Dinko

.020 Over
Hello,
Does anybody have an idea, where could I find an outputshaft bearing cap?
It is about a Roadster 2010, but unfortunately there isn't any number by which it could be ordered. (The one inside the red circle)
Capture.JPG

I broke it by stupidity and would be very greatful for any ideas.

ah sounds like someone did not have the roll pin in the bearing lined up when you tightened the bolts!!!! They are line bored and matched to the block which is why you cannot find a part number. You could get lucky if you find scrap block.

This sounds expensive.....

Yep it sure does Bones.

As Warp has said, this item is attached to the Block then line bored.
Even if you mange to find another Bearing cap, you will still need to at least check the alignment.

Options,
A) If you don't find another cap, "possibly" you could have your broken cap welded by a CERTIFIED welder, look at Aerospace services.
You would then skim the matting surface (Cap to Block) by an amount to be determined, maybe .010" maybe more.
The Cap would then be bolted to the block and the assembly would be line bored, and not by some back street Hero !
Re-assemble Engine.

B) Machine a new cap from a high grade Alloy.
Do the line boring as above.

Sorry my Friend, but those are the only Serious fixes.
I know, I have been through this before in other Engines.
It can be done, but will not be cheap :-(

Thanks for the advises!
I wondered whether to weld the part or machine a new one, but finally decided to get it welded. I skipped the line boring and put it back on wheels during the weekend. I didn't have time for much testing (just a circle around the block) but I'll keep you informed if everything is still OK after some riding.

ah sounds like someone did not have the roll pin in the bearing lined up when you tightened the bolts!!!! They are line bored and matched to the block which is why you cannot find a part number. You could get lucky if you find scrap block.

Yes you are right! Right in the middle :-(.

Back