Out ran a Police Gold Wing...

I've toyed with the idea of going to a Gold Wing on occaision, but haven't done it yet. I had a Harley Road Glide for about 6 months, and it was a great (slow) bike but was just too many toys for me at the moment.

I don't miss it..

I for one don't miss my Goldwing. It was top heavy, was like mud wrestling a 960 pound pig in the corners... every where I went I had to listen to my wife on the intercom..every where I went I had to listen to my wife on the intercom...somebody wake me up....PLEASE.... :eek: SB.

That is why I never bothered with the intercom, as far as being top heavy only noticed it up to about...not even 5 mph, after that it was, in my case, not noticeable at all.
Dennis

True Freedom

Molinoman:
You didn't have my wife on the back...did I mention...talk..talk..talk...talk..I read somewhere when I was younger and still had the ability to comprehend matters such as these, that women have the genetic need to speak at least 5000 words per day more than a man does. I for one am a believer in that opinion. Why do you think that we males learn to say, "yes dear" and never even hear the question?

Now don't get me wrong..I am not a woman hater. I have been married for 34 years to a great lady. (she has to be to put up with me) We both work and have jobs and have toys...I just don't have the need nor desire to listen to those alledged 5000 words per day.

After the purchase of the Goldwing, it took me less than three road trips to determine that (this wing is not my thing) (poetry?). It took another three road trips (and the claim of injured knees, aching back etc.) to get her to believe she would be much happier riding her own machine (Goldwing Trike). She has AM/FM, Alpine CD, CB radio, Intercom...and is happy to be a "biker babe". Best money I ever spent.

Now I can be a kid again and ride as fast and corner as deep as I wish without getting the tongue lashing or the inevitable swat in the back of the helmet for "scaring her". Enjoy your freedom boys...it keeps us thinking young instead of trying to find the Excedrine bottle for our "headaches". :D SB.

P.S. TxRIIIrider...do what you can now to poo-poo the intercom deal. Teach her to use sign language...at least you won't have to see it or much less listen too it. :D

This isn't what I remember Officers Poncherello and Baker riding on Chips? Does the CA Highway Patrol really use these?

Back