Seanii Plunkett

.060 Over
Ride
2010 Triumph Roocket 3 Roadster with sidecar.
Sidecar cam at it again. Following my mate's A10 Beeza I was surprised how well it goes. ( Until it broke a clutch cable not far from home and I had to give him a life in the sidecar with Seamus.)
In the second one we go up a dirt road and dodge skippies.

Hi mate, there are numerous types of Roos and Wallabies and they find homes pretty much all over the country. ( except where man has built them out of course but they're pretty hardy and live close to the towns anyway).
If you look at the second video at about 9.20 or so one skips across in front of the bike on that dirt road. Sean.

We get them in the suburbs here like deer in the US - more wildlife strike insurance claims in Canberra on urban roads than anywhere else in OZ as we have natural bush reserves on every hill range within the city. They just shot 2400 or so in annual cull in the last few weeks but 1200 of those were around a dam used as the major city water supply.

We get them in the suburbs here like deer in the US - more wildlife strike insurance claims in Canberra on urban roads than anywhere else in OZ as we have natural bush reserves on every hill range within the city. They just shot 2400 or so in annual cull in the last few weeks but 1200 of those were around a dam used as the major city water supply.

There is around 25 million Kangaroos/wallabies in Australia, so there is a fair chance you will see them once you leave most city limits ,if you regularly drive at night in the Country areas you will more than likely hit one of our native macropodidae

I hit a small one a couple of years ago on the BMW I had. Bella looked down at it, then looked at me as if to say..." that's afternoon tea? " It was only a Joey but they still get the heart going when they skip outin front of you.
041.JPG

I understand as deer have become a nuisance in many states over here. Where I live in south Florida we don't really have deer, our nuisance animal is the alligator. Permits are given each year to whomever wants one to hunt them.

Back