granny davis

.060 Over
Ride
Kawasaki vulcan classic , and now a Triumph rocket tourer 08
Oils for the r3t now the question is semi synthetic or full synthetic :cool::D

You can use either, Granny. Semi should be fine; full synth is probably a little better for engines that are going to be working harder but doubt it will make much difference in a pretty stock motor - just cost more.

I believe the Castrol full synthetic is Triumph's recommended oil since they switched from the Mobil 4T oil. And if there is not that much difference in price I'd go full synthetic anyway...you can't have too much lubrication (and I am talking only normal oil "levels" here) on any engine.

I went full synthetic even on my "soon to be ex" Harley because I didn't want to be bothered by the three different areas where oil is used on the HD and since I usually carry a quart of oil on me for topping off if needed I didn't want to be carrying several different types of oil when one would do.

I went to amsoil 20-50 this summer and the oil light lingers a couple seconds something it didn't do before. Now that the summer heat is past i'm going back to 10-40 syn. The dealer uses spectre but I think the oil broke down prematurely in my Storm on a road trip because of excessive engine noise. Looking at the available info on oils mobil 1 and amsoil rate pretty high and when i'm riding I don't want to be worrying that the discount oil I bought isn't doing its job. really whats an extra $5. per change? especially if I get another 500-1000 miles out of it.

Back