RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
The digital odometer display window in my 2006 Classic speedo gauge has gone blank. Everything else works in all my gauges, speedo, tach, gas and clock gauges. Bike runs fine with 30,000 plus miles. DEcosse does not recall encountering a gauge problem limited to the odometer alone but suggests checking fuse #4. He suspects the display itself or other component related to it inside the speedo gauge is the problem and probably not repairable. Before I check fuses I'd appreciate any other troubleshooting ideas members might have.

I know it is just a matter of time before I will likely have more gauge related failures and will need after market gauges(s). Meanwhile I am wondering if there are stand alone motorcycle odometers that are programable to set a starting mileage and have some means of reading tire rotation and translating that into mileage. I have seen after market gauges that appear to use methods like that to measure mileage.

The digital odometer display window in my 2006 Classic speedo gauge has gone blank. Everything else works in all my gauges, speedo, tach, gas and clock gauges. Bike runs fine with 30,000 plus miles. DEcosse does not recall encountering a gauge problem limited to the odometer alone but suggests checking fuse #4. He suspects the display itself or other component related to it inside the speedo gauge is the problem and probably not repairable. Before I check fuses I'd appreciate any other troubleshooting ideas members might have.

I know it is just a matter of time before I will likely have more gauge related failures and will need after market gauges(s). Meanwhile I am wondering if there are stand alone motorcycle odometers that are programable to set a starting mileage and have some means of reading tire rotation and translating that into mileage. I have seen after market gauges that appear to use methods like that to measure mileage.

my old Garmin gps works good for the speedo and it gives mileage but i never paid much attention to the mileage/odometer
if i can remember i will try too look at it.

There are a number of alternatives on the market but they don't fit the looks of the Rocket much.
MPH Speedo/odometer black face taken from a then new Rocket can be sourced for USD 457 including postage to the US, a repair to an old unit ended more expensive as we learned on this very forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-160427.png
    Screenshot_20231020-160427.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 12
Back