TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
I had the dreaded no spark for a long time working on it in my spare time buying ecu and crank sensor and fall sensor. none of them fixed the problem.
after days of work and checking everything over and over some days with different experts 4 counting me.
several of us decided that it had to be something like the fall sensor or the crank sensor signal was not getting to the ecu causing the ecu not to ground the coils and make the spark.
so fall detection switch i had two so decided to take it apart to see what made it work. it had a little pendulum the swung back and forth to change voltage vertical and horizonal on the rubber and off the rubber. so i needed to know what made this work so i backed probed the three wires one at a time
3 terminals #4 to ground ground
#5 reference volts to ecu standing up .642volts and laying down 4volts
#6 was 5 volts
all of this was key on engine off
this all checked good on my bike 07 classic
so many checks on the crank sensor
after changing with used i checked the ohms 529.3 on one and 471.8 on the other 19 inch long 2 wires which i checked with a scope engine cranking checked good.
so after checking many times from the ecu connector to all the components i was stumped so with a little time to spare my guy hooked up the scope and probes to the crank sensor wires
when turned the ign on and cranked it over the bike started (dancing in the shop time)

way to check coils
if you think it is not firing time to sacrifice grab the main wire and crank the engine. lol
it should have at least 12 volts positive feed all thee time
the computer grounds the coils to produce the spark to check this take 12 volt test light and put the clamp on positive bat and touch the probe to the negative side of coil
when motor is cranking the ecu should ground the coil making the test probe light up every time the ecu fires the coil

Back