No Power at Hella Plug

Have a dealer appointment. Service guy said that hella plug not designed for compressor, may blow a fuse. Once they get power, will see. Spares in bike.

Did he mean not rated for a compressor in that Triumph used too small wire gauge or fuse? A Hella plug should take more current than a cigarette lighter plug

Did he mean not rated for a compressor in that Triumph used too small wire gauge or fuse? A Hella plug should take more current than a cigarette lighter plug
? Worse that can happen is replace fuse and don't do it. I love tests.😁

? Worse that can happen is replace fuse and don't do it. I love tests.😁

I would say the best thing that could happen is the fuse would burn out!
Other things like melting down the terminals at fuse box/melting wiring from fuse to rececptical or melting wire causing short to ground.
I would find out what amps that circuit is rated at and how many Amps your compressor Uses.
just a dumb ? would the compressor be overloadin the circuit?

I would say the best thing that could happen is the fuse would burn out!
Other things like melting down the terminals at fuse box/melting wiring from fuse to rececptical or melting wire causing short to ground.
I would find out what amps that circuit is rated at and how many Amps your compressor Uses.
just a dumb ? would the compressor be overloadin the circuit?
Oh yeah, not liking idea of terminals melting down.

BUT, the compressor you have (in the other thread) is 120W === 10A and the accessory fuse is 20A so it should not have blown
As with all motors, they have a high start up currrent and the stated current usage of the item by manufacturers has a tendancy only to relate to be the running current and not the start up current. Worth checking out the true current usage first. Reason why Mcb's and fuses have different ratings - A. B. C. D type (in UK) etc.. Most important thing is to make sure the cable size and it's current carrying capacity is correct for the load to be applied. Best working pracitse is to use the next cable size up to ensure cable is protected by the fuse/device.

BUT, the compressor you have (in the other thread) is 120W === 10A and the accessory fuse is 20A so it should not have blown
As with all motors, they have a high start up currrent and the stated current usage of the item by manufacturers has a tendancy only to relate to be the running current and not the start up current. Worth checking out the true current usage first. Reason why Mcb's and fuses have different ratings - A. B. C. D type (in UK) etc.. Most important thing is to make sure the cable size and it's current carrying capacity is correct for the load to be applied. Best working pracitse is to use the next cable size up to ensure cable is protected by the fuse/device.
Since this hella plug is being used only to fill tires when needed, starting motor and then plugging in solves problem doedn't it?

Back