True to all said about the luggage rack, but I did not take a chance as I had about 30 LBS weight plus about 10 in each side panniers on my 3K plus trip.
I put my BIG BAG like yours on the rear seat instead, for safety, I was overweighted but had no issues, the bike handled AMAZINGLY well.
Again, the rear rack is not long enough to support a large bag, that is part of the problem.
Cheers
Ride safe.

True to all said about the luggage rack, but I did not take a chance as I had about 30 LBS weight plus about 10 in each side panniers on my 3K plus trip.
I put my BIG BAG like yours on the rear seat instead, for safety, I was overweighted but had no issues, the bike handled AMAZINGLY well.
Again, the rear rack is not long enough to support a large bag, that is part of the problem.
Cheers
Ride safe.
Triumph probably deliberately made it that small for exactly that reason - to discourage large and heavy loads at the rear. The same applies as regards the (smallish) OEM saddlebags/panniers. If one prefers performance but wishes to pack more, the BMW K1600 GTL/America would be a better choice. The R is more an overgrown Speed Triple (challenging Diavels courtesy Penner's tune), and the GT primarily a Power Cruiser. IMHO anyway.

F08EA7E8-991A-4AAE-93FA-3EB14E10E210.jpeg

I guess my tail bad is a bit small but I got the right boots.:roll:
Those are nice f***ing boots.

I had the saddlemen tail bag for a while, but because it opens just in the side, i end spilling things when looking for stuff... I got now a similar size bag, this time from vikings, sturdier, with divisions and side pockets, opens from the top, fits right in the rack and secures to the back rest and the rack.
DSC_0719.JPG

DSC_0744.JPG

Back